PDA

View Full Version : Do you worry about what people say?

honeybee3939
20-02-09, 10:44
Well i think i am suffering with paranoia today !lol(i never seem to stop moaning latley, i bet my family think im a pain!)

Been suffering with racing heart symptons after doing well for so long, then i go to work and the cleaner says to me "you ok today Andrea, you look really tiered" i say "no im fine". Then half later my boss comes to chat with me and says " Gosh your palms of your hands are red! are they ok? " i say " ohh never noticed that before!" so of course i come home from work and ask everybody under the sun what colour thier palm of thier hands are!lol. and start worrying maybe its a circulation problem !

I wish people would keep thier comments to them selves !lol.

Anybody else start to worry when people say things?

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

nomorepanic
20-02-09, 11:17
Andy - re red palms. I was told it was a sign of too much alcohol and possible liver problems! (if it is on the fleshy part below the little finger)

But - when I recently gave up drinking for over 3 months they never changed colour so I am not convinced it is that!

Also the doc said to hold them next to my cheek and if they blend in (so to speak) then not to worry!

bottleblond
20-02-09, 12:12
Andrea

Take no notice of them hun

I remember a few months ago, i was standing talking to a neighbour out in the back lane when she said to me, 'are you ok? you look ill!'. I thought to myself, well it's about minus 3, i'm stood here with my cardi on like and idiot freezing my backside off talking to you. Cheeky mare Lol. but i still came inside and inspected my face in the mirror to make sure i wasn't dying.

Don't take it to heart mate and i really hope you feel better soon
Love Lisa
xxx

:bighug1:

debera
20-02-09, 16:49
hi andrea
yes i wish people would keep their comments to themselves. my hubby has even said to me at times you look pale then of course i run to the mirror and look to see if i am pale. then i start to worry that something sinister is wrong with me. which there never is. i think us people with anxiety are very sensitive to peoples comments. i have had red palms also and it was nothing. im sure its nothing hun. i think if it was circulation problems your hands would be white not red as the blood would not be circulating properly. hope you feel better soon
love debera:hugs: :hugs:

honeybee3939
20-02-09, 18:09
Thanks for all your replies:hugs:

Andy - re red palms. I was told it was a sign of too much alcohol and possible liver problems! (if it is on the fleshy part below the little finger)
Nic it is that area and also the bit at the bottom of your thumb:shrug:

Also the doc said to hold them next to my cheek and if they blend in (so to speak) then not to worry!
Will check that too!:yesyes:

Lisa- I think i would have turned white too.lol in that sittuation:hugs: .

Tetley and Debra many thanks for your very kind replies too, knowing others understand makes me feel better.:hugs: Thankyou.

Well i have had a day at work on my own today havent seen a sole, thats how i like it,lol nobody there to make any comments:)

Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
20-02-09, 18:14
Andy - just looked at mine and yes mine is red below the little finger and below the thumb but they always told me it was the area below the little finger that counts.

There is a name for it so let me find it for you....

honeybee3939
20-02-09, 18:17
Ok Nic thanks very much !:bighug1:

Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
20-02-09, 18:17
Try this Andy ...

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40000107/

nomorepanic
20-02-09, 18:18
Like I said though (and as you know) I gave up alcohol for 3 months and the palms didn't change colour so I am not convinced about the drinking and as my doc said that is not the only reason so I am not trying to scare you!

honeybee3939
20-02-09, 18:26
LOL Nic, no you havent scared me i have googled far worst things than that !

The red marks on the pic are very similar.
Cant wait to see GP next week i have a list a mile long to show her, Im new to the surgery, they will be wishing i never moved into the area, im sure i will be on thier christmas card list by the end of the year !lol

Well done for giving up the drink !:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

And thanks once again !
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

nomorepanic
20-02-09, 18:38
Well done for giving up the drink !:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

xxxx

Oh I do drink again now :ohmy: :winks:

honeybee3939
20-02-09, 18:44
LOL what are you like !:wacko: i suppose we have to have some pleasures in life !:yesyes:

Im just on my way out for a meal, i bet you can geuss what i will be doing all night:winks: . "let me look at your hands"!lol.

Its a good job i still have my sence of humour:D , i would be lost without that !

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

honeybee3939
21-02-09, 14:05
Well i went for my meal last night with my mum and aunt and of course as soon as i got there i said to mum "mum have you seen my hands how red they are!" She said" gosh they are red aint they they shouldnt be like that!" so of course she then told my aunt to have a look.lol so the topic for an hour was about my hands.lol(me and my big mouth!).

Anyway, my mums(shes a nurse and still works at 74) is convinced its my hormones and told me not to worry. im going to take a leaf out of her book from now on. All my life i have never heard her complain about any kind of illness and she never goes to see the GP. She said she lives everyday as if its her last and dosnt let things worry her. Everynight when she goes to bed she says "thankyou for letting me have today!" and in the morning when she wakes up she says"thankyou for letting me have another day!" Bless her.

Ohh i wish i could be like me mum !
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxx

nomorepanic
21-02-09, 14:19
Andy

I did some more reading last night and found a link to hormones as well so it does sound that it fits in with all your other issues at the moment doesn't it?

Your mum has the right attitude bless her!

bluegirl09
21-02-09, 15:23
im not gonna tell you the colour of my hands in case i find there are hairs growing which probaly means either a, im mad(too late) or b, im a werewolf but no seriously people making comments its part of life i had a work colleague who would walk in and say god you look like s**t im like bless you for that i find i use humour a lot dont take things too heart its a tough world gotta get a thick skin.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter