PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help I am so scared

Beccy
20-02-09, 11:22
For the past two weeks I have had a non stop headache. Last we I had to leave work early on two occasions as I just couldn’t handle looking at my computer screen. I have had a bit of a cold and last week I went to the doctors who couldn’t really give me an answer. The head ache has continued through the week and by mid afternoon it is bad. I have tried pain killers and turning the brightness down on my computer. I have cut coffee and tea and I did give up smoking 12 days ago. I don’t think it’s my eyes (although they ache too) because I had new reading glasses about 6 months ago. I am so scared it is something sinister even though a colleague has said it is probably nicotine withdrawal. The pain feels like it is right in the middle of my head, my temples, back of my eyes and back of my head. Can any help? Has anyone else had something similar?

CJH86
20-02-09, 11:37
Hi, if the doc looked in the back of your eyes and saw nothing its ulikely to be anything that sinister. Well done on giving up smoking, i myself gave up 4 weeks ago and believe me giving up can make anxiety worse initially....my boyfriend also gave up and he is complaining about hedaches constantly and saying he cant look at his computer at work coz it makes his eyes/head hurt.

If the headache is around the eyes and sometimes at the back this can signify sinus congestion, especially if when you tilt your head downwards you can feel a building pressure type feeling or pain/discomfort around around the eyes...in this case steam inhaelation or tying some sudafed may help x

Beccy
20-02-09, 11:43
Thank you. The doc didn't look at my eyes though, just prodded and pushed around my head a lot. I am sure you are right, although I have a bit of a sniffle I am not really blocked up so I haven't really thought about my sinuses. Thank you though feel a little reassured.

doodah
21-02-09, 12:12
Hello Beccy,

Hope your headache is improving for you? I just wanted you to know that, with me, when the weather suddenly changes from cold to warm, or vice versa, I get very similar headaches to you. I'm one of these weird people who are sensitive to pressure changes in the weather I think! If there's a thunderstorm brewing, my head will tell me a few days beforehand lol! I agree with everything that CJH86 has said tho - it could be your sinuses - it could also be giving up the smoking too. If I remember rightly, when you do stop smoking your body has to get rid of all sorts of "muck" from the system which, in turn, can make you cough, or be "bunged up" etc.

If you're still worrying about your headache maybe see your doctor again and explain to them, just to put your mind at rest?

Oh, and well done to you and CJH86 on giving up smoking - that's something I'm aiming to do ..... some time!!

agent orange
21-02-09, 12:44
Definatley sinus problems can present in headaches around the eyes.
A good steam or sudafed can help. If you don't improve, go back to the doctor, thats what they're there for.
Get well soon.

june
21-02-09, 14:28
Don't know if it will help - but i was told that reading glasses are NO good for use with computers.
You need an 'intermediate' pair just for computer use.
I found a big difference.
june

Emaa
21-02-09, 23:27
Are you sure it's not your glasses causing this? I got bad headaches alot, and achy eyes and my optician said it's because my glasses needed changing. I'd hardly had them 2 seconds either..