PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown....

SmallPurpleCat
20-02-09, 11:54
Hi all,

Well, after 'coping' for the last month and dragging myself to work everyday, yesterday was meltdown. Just couldn't cope with the constant anxiety anymore. I had been on Propanolol but they didn't seem to be helping very much.

Went to my GP this morning and he was great. Has given me Cipralex, Propanolol (80mg slow-release) and Diazepam (just in case). He recommended that I didn't go into work today and wanted to sign me off next week but I'm still thinking about that - I think it will just be harder for me to go back afterwards.

So....I'll see how I get on with the meds over the next few days...

Mully
22-02-09, 02:42
:hugs: for you ...

Give yourself a break from it all and try not to be so hard on yourself. I have had similar happen to me when things have seemed to go really well, then all of a sudden, you wake up one morning and find that all your energy is zapped out of you and you feel like blurgh!..

Personally I would give myself a few days to recoup, I think when we are feeling good or at least managing our day to day better, it is easy to over do things a bit and then we are reminded that we have to slow down... for now.

I'm glad to hear you have an understanding Doc :) Give yourself some good ole pampering this weekend, you deserve it.

Huggles xx