PDA

View Full Version : Advice? i feel like im being silly!

CJH86
20-02-09, 12:25
Sorry about the long waffle:)! Basically i suffer from anxiety + panic disorder and have come out of a really really bad patch, im now ok but still quite shaken up. Anyhow last week i had a echocardiogram and found out i had a hole in my heart, albeit a small and harmless one (thats as much as i know about it at the mo) this has raised my anxiety a little again but not excessivley:blush:.

Long story short my recent problems have put a massive strain on my relationship with my boyfriend and we have been through a very rocky patch but are on the mend now. My problem is that he is going away for 5 days today and in light of everything im feeling insecure/paranoid/worried/anxious etc etc etc

....im worried about my heart and dont want to be alone in the house so im stopping at my mums while he is away, which i havent told him because im worried he'll think im getting worse again! Also im anxious about him being away (coz i always miss him stupidly much) and finally im worried hes gonna do something bad like cheat...but blatently im not gonna tell him that either as i dont want to come of clingy/untrusting, its evident im somewhat paranoid and yes i tend to hide anything which i think makes me appear 'weak' which is a real problem for me:weep:

I Just wondered if anyone else gets this seperation type anxiety? and if anyones got some tips for how i can distract my mind? as i know all my thoughts will be consumed by the above and i just want to have a good weekend!

nanny
20-02-09, 13:30
Hi
I don't have seperation anxiety so not much help on that part, but i really felt for you whilst reading your thread, I don't think you should try and hide these things from your boyfriend...for your sake........
That will only make your anxiety worse because you're worried he's going to think your worse etc like you said.
I would sit down and explain how i felt to him, he'll probabaly put your mind at rest on the fear of his cheating and all your worried about.
as i said for your sake give him the chance, if he's not understanding with you and able to support you with your fears and worries then is he the man you think he is.:)

Beccy
20-02-09, 13:52
Oh bless you. My husband is DJ and plays gigs all over the country so most weekends he is away. Some times he is abroad which is a nightmare! I used to be really bad when I stopped going to the "parties" but I have learnt "just because you have an argument or you are apart doesn't mean he wants to leave". Tell him how you feel. My husband doesn't understand my anxiety at all but I always say when I feel insecure - it helps!