PDA

View Full Version : Need some hope, does things get better?

Dazo
20-02-09, 13:13
Hi everyone!

Ok, i have been having severe anxiety for some weeks now. Not eevery minute of the day but most part.
I been at the doctors (AGAIN) and they dont find anything strange, everything looks fine.

What i need is a little hope, that things comes in waves and that things really gets better.
Can anyone relate to this, and does it get better?

Having most problem with dizzy, chest tightness, heart beating hard and some depersonalisation.

Cause of all of my doubts i get a little depressed aswell.

Is this common too when the anxiety is bad?

Please, can someone reassure me that things gets easier.

/ Daniel

gofishing
20-02-09, 14:21
Hi everyone!

What i need is a little hope, that things comes in waves and that things really gets better.
Can anyone relate to this, and does it get better?

Having most problem with dizzy, chest tightness, heart beating hard and some depersonalisation.

/ Daniel

Daniel, don't worry, you will be fine.

Looking back, my symptoms seemed really worse than yours now. I got choked up, couldn't swallow foods long time, breathing problem, cramped stomuch, many triggering factors like "eating something"(can you imagine how horrible is this?), smell, noise, driving, darkness....worst of all was the suicidal thought which was the scariest part of all. I had never thought any suicidal thought before, in my life.

But, still I survived, and my soul was restored, got peace again. No PA for long time any more. I still have some anxious feeling related to my physical illness though, but i can't compare it with PA.

So, you can have HOPE, just be patient and if you can, try a lot of prayers. And stop worrying (I know you must a worrier, I had been too), try to think positively, try to accept whatever bad things happen to you, try to give thanks for your life....because your life might not be yours from the beginning anyway. You will get better and better, just be patient.:smile:

valleybear
20-02-09, 14:31
Anxiety and depression are common bedfellows...I remember years ago my Drs couldn't agree whether to treat the depression or the anxiety first so I had tranqs for panic attacks and anti depressants at night. I can say honestly that in my case (and many others I have spoken to) it does get better. All your symptoms are common in anxiety (that is not to say that they are easier to cope with). You sound as if you have support with the Dr, so if you read all the good advice on here and try some of the tips and it doesn't help you can always go back to him....I do think that you will find a way and as many on here would tell you....Yes, it does improve. Good luck x

m15helle
20-02-09, 15:09
hi, i suffer from panic attacks and i do find that it goes through stages with me, some weeks i have bad weeks, others are not so bad....bear with it, you are going through a not so good week and just say this to yourself and maybe tomorrow things will start getting better.. xxxxxx

Dazo
20-02-09, 19:57
Thanks everyone, i really need your support right now.
I get panic attacks alot and have bad tension in my body.

Of course i get scared even though i know things gets worse when you are scared. I cant help it.

I have had some good windows during the day but now it is on again, feel warm, dizzy and naussea.

I have to have in my mind then that things will ease up for me.

Thanks again.

Daniel