PDA

View Full Version : A good week for me

sarah
17-12-03, 23:46
Hi all
I had such a naff week last week that i just had to post my mini sucess story for this week.
Well so far, on Monday I babysat for a friend at short notice and survived.(she knows i dont like looking after the kids in case i panic and in turn cant help them).
Tuesday I did a litle xmas shopping with my hubby round the local town.
Today I went on the train to London and went shopping in Harrods!!!!!
:DIt was really busy..it being xmas and all but although I had a few spots where I thought I was going to faint on the train and get off at the next stop, I stayed on knowing that if i gave in it would either make it worse next time i went on a train/tube, and also if I got off i would be stuck cowering like a nutter in the underground station (wot a sight that would have been!!!!!)Well hey I did it, im home safe and sound, ive been out for dinner. all that and its only wednesday!!!
All ive got to do now is get through a girls nite out on friday and flirt with some dishy men...lol. Its a hard life...lol

love Sarah
[:X]xxxxxx
Oh and by the way Nic....ive applied for a job...Ahhhhhhhhhhggggghhhh

Meg
17-12-03, 23:50
Fantastic achievement Sarah. Well done for geting through the rough bits .

Keep it going .

Good luck with the job application . Are you going to tell us what it is for ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

benoo5
18-12-03, 00:49
sarah in harrods! your just a poser,like nicola,and her car lol.

seriously,my friend,you just go,from strength,to strength,and its lovely people like you,that is making this site so successful.

well done on your achievements,keep it up neighbour,ime sure you and i will meet up soon in WP,and open a few bottles....bryan.

Lottie32
18-12-03, 11:20
Seriously Well Done Sarah

I did my Xmas shopping at the beginning of November to avoid the crowds, so you've really got my respect girl (and with the kids thing too - I hate it when I get asked to look after my friends for the exact same reason)

Love

Charlie

Laurie28
18-12-03, 13:20
Hiya Sarah,

That is great Sarh i'm glad you had a good day and you should feel very proud

love
lucky

twister
18-12-03, 17:21
Well Done Sarah!

What a brilliant note to start a new year on!

By the way know I know the signs of panic it seems everyone has it on the underground. Man next to me this morning started guzzling water and breathing funny when we stopped in a tunnel. And so many people get off trains and wait for the next ones.

Emily

sarah
18-12-03, 18:54
Hi you guys

Thanks a lot for your words of praise and encouragement. It means a lot as you all know how hard it can be at times.
Well i topped it off today by sitting in the cinema for 3 and a half hours to watch the new lord of the rings movie. No panic and it was a brilliant film!!!(even if my backside was numb...lol)

Love Sarah
xx
p.s Meg, the job is in the med lab in the local hospital processing samlpes. Something im sort of familiar with as I used to work in a lab manufacturing drugs so although its not pharmacy work it is something i think i can do. Applications in by 31st Dec so I wont know anything till new year :)

nomorepanic
18-12-03, 21:39
Well done Sarah

Gosh you have been busy this week, and a job interview too - nice one. Have you done that so I don't get the present from the forefeit? LOL

You are doing so well and have really made my day to read this.

Keep going mate.

xx

Nicola

Meg
18-12-03, 21:58
Brilliant news on the job Sarah. We'll all be here to help you get to the interview calmly !!! Congrats on the film marathon too.

Emily- I hope you were quietly supportive and helpful to him as you would have liked people to be to you when you were struggling.

Maybe we should have a few www.nomorepanic flyers done and available should we come across any needy people..

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kate
19-12-03, 09:54
Well done Sarah! You are doing SO well Mate.
Kate x

Laurie28
19-12-03, 17:08
Radar,

I think I would find it very difficult to approach someone who may be suffering from panic especially if there were loads of people around (ie in a train) I think i would give it a try but being an anxious person i would probably be scared of their reaction.

lucky

twister
19-12-03, 22:03
To be honest Meg and Lucky I didnt do anything, any don't think I really could of. The tube is deadly silent and I dont think if I was panicking I'd want someone to turn and say something to me - especially if everyone else was listening. It'd freak me out more if I thought everyone noticed. I gave him a bit more arm room though on the arm rest!

Emily