PDA

View Full Version : Reflux Question

shelly438
20-02-09, 13:47
Hi Guys

Ive been having ongoing reflux and IBS and Health Anxiety for 9 months, Taking a PPI daily, has stopped the heartburn but I still had uncomfortable feeling in my stomach chest and back pretty much contsantly, My food also feels like its getting stuck when I swallow it, (feels like Ive swallowed a bag of coins) 3-4 times a week I burp up small quantities of food that appears to be undigested, This normally happens 2 hours after actaully consuming a meal. This really frigtens me as I think I must have a tumor or something.

Guys what I really want to know Is I had a Baruim Swallow which showed 'Reflux Only' would such test show Tumors and stomach cancer etc???

I get the following:

Food Travelling Up with Burps
Heavy feeling in throat like I want to burp up all my food and if I force the burp I can bring up the food!
Loud Gurggling Sounds
Terrible Burps
Rectum Gurgles
Constant farting
Loose stools (sometimes I go three or more times a day!)
Chest ache (feels bruised and hurts more when I breath in no cough)
Stabbing chest pain occasionally (this takes my breath away and last for 1-2 sec)

I haven't fully vomited or had blood in my stools or lost any weight.

Any ideas???
Im terrified the doctor has missed something

j2
20-02-09, 13:52
These are all classic symptoms of IBS and GERD. I know it is hard but try not to worry. I, and many others, have had all these symptoms before. I would reccomend lots of fiber for the stomach relatd symptoms. Metamucil daily works well for me. I will warm you though, when you first start taking it you may experience some pain (not severe) as your colon gets used to it. It has really helped regulate me. Keep taking your GERD meds and try to eat slowly. Keep up the fight do not Google.

Good luck,
J2