PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sparks in vision

agent orange
20-02-09, 17:23
Hello. Does anyone get blue sparks in vision that come and go in seconds? I get them and they're there for a few seconds and then they go and come back randomly. The optician said they were to do with either problems with the retina or stress?
Can anyone relate to this? I sometimes get white sparks too. I am worried this is another weird symptom.

pb
20-02-09, 18:39
Hello,
I've had this on and off for many years and my eyes are fine - try not to worry..
PB

blackbadger
20-02-09, 19:23
Hello Agentorange,
What colour are your eyes? Mine are green and I have had this on and off for about five years. The thing is the flashes of light in my eyes are green. The eye doctor said it was to do with the retina pulling on its attachment at the back of the eye and you get a flash image of the iris. He also said it is nothing to worry about. Hope this helps a bit to build up your reassurance.

agent orange
20-02-09, 22:45
Thanks for your replies. My eyes are murky green pools(lol) and I get definate sparks of blue and when I am driving I see blue patches, now this may be down to bright lights etc, but I am not sure. With health anxiety you never can tell what these odd symptoms are for.

agent orange
21-02-09, 11:41
I have had these symptoms for several years but I don't know if they are anxiety or not? As the optician mentioned retina, I thought what's happening? they took a photo of the back of my eyes as they can do for future records and there was nothing sinister. It's just another symptom with all these others.

june
21-02-09, 14:38
Maybe it is just a reflection off your frames?
Happens to me a lot.

Ddcoo
22-02-09, 13:45
Hi Agentorange, my eyes are green too and I get the flashes of blue light every day, I used to think it was a reflection off something, but it isn't and they are coming from my eye, but I have no idea what causes it.

agent orange
22-02-09, 19:34
May'be it's nothing to worry about. I don't wear reading glasses, so it's not from them. My problem is this, I get a bit of information and I run a mile with it and I create all kinds of hidden illnesses and disorders etc.

Ddcoo
23-02-09, 08:44
If anything was wrong with your vision, they would have picked it up when you had the eye x-ray so please don't stress yourself. I know what you mean though, everytime we get a new symptom we worry about it until we can get assurance that it is OK, such are the joys of HA.

june
23-02-09, 09:21
May'be it's nothing to worry about. I don't wear reading glasses, so it's not from them. My problem is this, I get a bit of information and I run a mile with it and I create all kinds of hidden illnesses and disorders etc.
This is the bit we can all identify with:blush:
Hope you feel calmer soon
:hugs:

countrygirl
23-02-09, 09:46
Can I ask how old you are?? I was born with congenital severe short sight so have had eye problems all my life and constantly under eye doctors so more info that I would like to know!

One thing that happens to everyone usually in their 50's is that the sack that contains your eye fliud detaches from the retina- this is completely normal and happens in everyone at some time its part of the ageing process- in people with normal eyes this causes no problems but the symptoms are sudden flashed of light like lightening when you move your eye more noticeable in the dark. In some people this process happens over a couple of weeks but in other it can go on for years! Again unless like me you were born with very severe short sightedness it is nothing to worry about at all.
Its official name is posterior vitrious detachment but I must stress that in a person without severe short sight it is nothing to worry about.

Another thing is that if you are even slightly short sighted then you will "see" much more clearly than someone with normal eyesight what is happening in your eyes as you can see better close to.

The time to worry is if you get a curtian of blindness in one eye or any sudden loss of sight no matter how short a time as then your retina meeds looking at.

If you have had the back of the eye picture done and all was normal then you can relax whatever is going on is nothing of concern just part of you:roflmao:

agent orange
23-02-09, 18:51
i am 40. I was also told that it was the gel breaking down, perhaps it's the same as you say countrygirl, when the fluid detachs from the retina. You're probably all right that there is nothing to worry about. I have had the photo and they said they'd call me back if there was a problem and I recieved no call, so they must be ok. I am only short sighted in one eye and only just.
Thanks for your replies. Perhaps this is quite common.