PDA

View Full Version : Really worried (a little graphic).

belle
20-02-09, 17:28
(A LITTLE BACKGROUND).

I was bulimic for a very long time, for 20 years in fact. I went from taking between 24 - 32 laxitives a day to just 2 to 'keep me going'.

Today i went to the toilet (poop), it was no different to how i usually go which is between soft and watery due to the laxatives, but when i'd finished and i had wiped myself the tissue was COVERED in bright red blood, as if i had got a period (which i haven't).

Of course i am freaking out and i feel like i need to go again but i am scared incase there is more blood.

x

nomorepanic
20-02-09, 17:59
Belle

It will more than likely be piles or a fissure (a tear).

Easily fixed with an over-the-counter cream.

suzy-sue
20-02-09, 18:01
Hi Belle,Dont be alarmed as this can be caused by a number of things,its probably just a small blood vessel thats burst.But you need to get it checked out to be sure .They will test a stool sample, to check for infection. which can be treated with antibiotics. Most rectal bleeding is not the worse scenario (C) LUV SUE:hugs: X

House fan
20-02-09, 18:01
Hi Belle

Bright red blood usually means an external wound, like piles for example, or a piece of rectal tissue which has been ripped. Dark red blood (or brown) is usually from further up the digestive tract and needs investigating.

I'm quite sure that in a few days the blood will disappear, once healing takes place. Please try not to worry about it too much, bright red blood on the tissue is very common, and usually harmless.

House.

Karen
20-02-09, 18:02
Hi Belle

The first thing I wanted to say was try not to panic, which I know is hard for people with anxiety like us.

I've got a history of anorexia/bulimia and in the past I've taken upto 100 laxatives a day. Sometimes now I take them and sonetimes I don't. I have had bleeding before and my doctor said bright red blood is more commonly associated with piles or a fissure or something like that. I also have IBS.

I would suggest you see your doctor to get yourself checked out and I hope all is ok :hugs:

Karen xx

katie1
15-07-09, 16:32
hello, i suffered from anorexia and bulimia for 10 years and luckily came trough it, i used to take laxatives and the same thing happened to me there was blood in my poo. in fact it was like a tap and i had to go to hospital as i was animic due to this, it was a tear and piles which they can now only sort out with surgery as i left it too long.
go to your gp and he may be able to give you some cream for it.

justbananas
15-07-09, 20:00
yes go to the doc because if you leave it, it can get worse and require surgery. it's better to have them take a look and they can always perscribe something. you should also be open and honest about your history with laxatives and current use. a good doctor will take the information into account and give you advice to maintaining a healthy digestive tract moving forward. if you aren't comfortable discussing it with one doc, go to another.

moore
15-07-09, 22:27
I've had that on and off for 15 years. I've never needed surgery.
It's probably very very likely to be nothing, as the others have said, but it's prudent to get it checked out with the doctor, especially if the cause isn't obvious, ie itching = piles.
That said, I think its possibly more common than you think, and most people are too shy to admit it!