PDA

View Full Version : feel betrayed

Sax
20-07-05, 08:50
:( I really don't know if this feeling is justified but i feel really betrayed by a friend of mine.
When I first starting talking to her (she also suffers with depression) she was totally and utterly there for me whenever I needed her. It was her that got me to open up to her, to recognise I needed to go to the Gp and really admit that just maybe I was depressed.

However, having opened up all these feelings and thoughts she's now got too much going on in her own life and seems to have abandoned me.

I suppose i just relied upon her too much. I use to chat to her every evening and text her and even speak to her on the phone - which is a bit of a no no with me!![:O]

I feel so exposed of my feelings but feel angry :( that she keeps intermittenly contacting and saying everything which is happening to her good and bad but doesn't ever really ask about how I feel anymore. I feel let down but maybe i am just being too self absorbing feeling like this. I am trying to bottle up with her and just be there for her if she needs me however this seems pretty one way after all we went through just a few weeks ago!

I am very grateful for the support of this site but still feel so let down that my so called friend has left me fight at what I call quite a critical time on my own.
When I say critical I just feel this is a turning point that I either sink further or I try my hardest to pull myself up - which I admit I am struggling doing. i know I am to expect good and bad days but they seem so extreme - good days i don't feel depressed, just unmotivated but bad days I feel so so low - a feeling I really can't handle very well.

I just feel maybe by letting out this feeling of betrayal here that it may help me to let it go and move on rather than keep wishing i'd not opened up at all to anyone and exposed myself like this. I sort of feel maybe I'd be in a better position if the feelings were all still inside I was just managing as I was before and getting on with life instead of feeling in limbo all the time.

I hope this doesn't all sound too selfish feeling like this!

Sax

darkphantom
20-07-05, 10:06
Sax
We all need our friends with us in good times and bad, a true friend will always be there for you. And will always listern to you and support you what ever the problems,
My so called friend on the other site left me at a real bad time and i though that was it.
But it wasnt i found new friends here.
I hope you think of me as a true friend i will never let you down, and am always here to help.
Dont feel angry you have so many other friends here who love you and care, you are not alone, we are all here for you always
take care promise,
((((((((((((((((((((((((((( sax ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
susie

melanie
20-07-05, 10:47
hi sax sorry to hear your friend is letting you down,it does seem a little selfish which isnt very nice but as i am sure everyone on here will say we are all here for you. i know it takes time to trust but you will succeed in overcoming this!
take care and speak soon
mel xx

melanie

Peru83
20-07-05, 10:54
Your not being selfish, it just sounds to me like your friend feels like she has some stuff that she wants to talk about just now, that probably feels really important to her. You will have to speak up to be heard, she probably doesn't even realise how you have been feeling. To me she sounds like a good friend at the end of the day she is the one who recognised that their was something wrong with you and has pointed you in the right direction for help and supported you. If I were you I would just phone her up and start the conversation with things that have been bothering you or that you want to talk about, even tell her how you have been feeling about her not asking how you are. A good friend always listens and never judges and if she suffers from the same then you have to give her the benefit of the doubt that she has felt like this too and probably totally understands.

I hope that my long winded post has made sense and that it helps.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

vernon
20-07-05, 12:01
Hi Sax so sorry you are feeling so down, Maybe its the way you are feeling right now, we get these feelings that people are letting us down when we suffer anxiety depression etc. I think like jammie she has helped you lots and its good to get it all out. Maybe she has a lot of extra problems at the moment and needs kind words from you, like she gave you in the past? I found recently, (even though I really like and enjoy helping people) I have been all me me and feel bad about it now. With the surgery I was putting off for years and dentist I am so scared off I have forgotten about other peoples feelings, and only talked about my own, and now all my surgery and dentist is over I realise I have been selfish. Anyway I think anxiety gets you thinking people don’t want you I get it lots. Hope you feel better soon and I have noticed you have been a bit quieter in chat? We all love you sex, sorry sax. Take care. Vernon

melanie
20-07-05, 14:03
hi sax i hope it didnt read like i thought you was being selfish on my earlier reply far from it hun i meant it was selfish of your friend.
take care speak to you soon.
mel xx

melanie

Meg
20-07-05, 15:31
Hiya Sax

I agree with Claire and Vern

I expect shes gone within herself and is just focussing on her many issues and excitements and its not that she doesn't care , its thats it just hasn't ocurred to her that she's dominating everything and not being as gracious and generous with her time as she was.

Alternatively she might think you're better and are doing ok or just that you don't want to talk about it as you haven't brought it up.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Sax
20-07-05, 19:23
Thank you for your replies and thanks vern (lol@sex!!!!!)

I know what you are saying and when you are depressed it may be she needs to deal with things on her own and not have a lot to give me at the mo. It is just hard to sort of go from all to nothing in a short space of time.
I do feel selfish because i must respect she needs her space and I am feeling a lot better having gone out today so I'm sorry I posted this really, i was just airing some thoughts! I guess I just felt a bit let down because she keeps making plans to see me and then cancelling due to one thing or another!

Anyway, I appreciate your comments![^]

vernon
20-07-05, 20:59
Sax dont ever be sorry you posted, you done right I often post things and feel much better after. whats this site for? help and get it off your chest, we all have the same and its much easier to tolak to us about it than to people who realy dont understand. take care Vernon

Sue K with 5
20-07-05, 22:39
Hi Sax

I understand how this person has made you feel and I know what betrayal feels like, but some people cannot always deal with our issues and they tend to help you through what they feel is the worse part and then block it out as if it has never happened.

People often find it difficult to deal with other peoples depression.

But you will always have us to talk to and you have lots of new friends who are always there for you

so dont give up hope

will speak to you later

Sue with 5

scknight