PDA

View Full Version : does anyone get painful ovaries?

jadeyjade
20-02-09, 18:03
ive always had pain in them but lately its worse, had a pelvic exam in december when i was getting really bad stomach aches and the doctor took swabs and apparently everything was fine. i suggested a cyst and he said they are normal mid month and fairly common but i never found out if it was. i worry though because its low down on BOTH sides and in my lower back on the right side and down my right leg. aaaaah i dont know!

nomorepanic
20-02-09, 18:41
I have an ovarian cyst and am getting it re-scanned next week to see if it has grown or gone!

valleybear
20-02-09, 18:55
Had mid cycle pains for several years then an ovarian cyst, which was removed. If there was a cyst it wouldd more than likely only affect one or the other ovary so....sounds like all is well and mid cycle pains. good luck

countrygirl
20-02-09, 19:04
From age of 17 to 46 I had excruitiating mid month ovulation pain nearly every month - I called it my walking on eggs pain as everytime I sat down or stood up or put my foot down a lancing pain would shoot up from low down to over top of hip bone - it was also very painful just before I had a wee . It was much worse on the right ovary than the left. My Gp told me that some women get terrible pain in their back passage as well but thankfully I never got that one! I had many a trip to hospital over the years when the pain lasted longer than I expected thinking I had an ovarian cyst but I didn't it was just ovulation pain. I am now heading for the menopause and haven't had the pain for over a year but always waiting for it to come back. Just before the pain went I was getting it really bad and lasting for up to 2 weeks a month. Previously I had only had it for about 3-4 days and it always ended on day 14 of my cycle.

If you have never had a pelvic ultrasound then you could ask for one to put your mind at rest that you don't have a permanent cyst - nothing to worrya bout if you do.

jadeyjade
20-02-09, 20:19
countrygirl thank you so much that sounds exactly like mine! i know i'm quite young for it to be anything too serious but i would rather just get it checked out so i'll go just to make sure. but thanks because that has made me feel a lot better, spot on with your description - extra painful before weeing and standing/sitting. wow that's helped :) thanks for the replies also nicola and mmac43! xx

mummyto4
20-02-09, 22:02
Hi, I get this too, top of my leg/groin area. I have got it for many years about a week and a half before period is due and still get it now, however.... due to HA it worries me now, whereas it never worried me before! typical eh. I don't get any stomach ache or cramps with it just right hand side groin and down my leg. The joys of being a woman eh!
x

JnJs_mom
21-02-09, 03:10
Do you have clear fluid during or shortly after that time? It could very well be you are ovulating. I get horrible pains mid cycle when I ovulate.

jadeyjade
21-02-09, 11:39
you know what, now you mention it i have had the fluid like 2 days ago! i didnt even associate it but i'm about mid cycle so it may well just be that. im trying to tell myself that they wouldve picked up anything bad from the swabs/pelvic exam in december. i had appendicitis 3 years ago and now im thinking maybe it wasnt actually my appendix, it could have just been my ovary?! least i havent got an appendix to worry about now tho lol! :)

RisingMoon
21-02-09, 14:27
Hi, I get bad ovulation pains as well, it's like I can feel the moment I ovulate- the pain slowly builds then is bad for about half and hour and then dies down to a tenderness for a day or so. I get the back passage pain, nice to know that's normal (I get the same with my period as well). Sometimes it's hard to go to the loo because relaxing down there makes it hurt more.

All my pregnancies I knew exactly when I'd conceived which was quite useful!

If it correlates with the middle of your cycle I'd say that's what it is.

JnJs_mom
21-02-09, 22:02
That helps me calculate down to the day when I will start that time of the month. Since I started charting exactly when I ovulate I have never been taken surprise by that. I started charting hoping to get pregnant again but I have always had the hardest time getting pregnant.