PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian Cancer?? Why did I google...??

rb1978
20-02-09, 20:11
Ovarian Cancer seems to be my latest big worry. I do suffer quite a bit with a bad stomach and had IBS diagnosed a few years ago. One specific thing which I've noticed though is a kind of strange feeling, best way I can describe it is a muscle spasm, in my lower right abdomen...kind of near the hip area. It's painless and isn't there all the time and it's kind of odd to describe but....for instance...the other night I was reading and suddenly felt that muscle spasm up and then a minute or so later go back to normal. Painless though. No period troubles or anything. To be honest everything's normal, no weight loss and no bloating or anything. But I've just gone and read a website about how vague the symptoms are and am now freaking out that it's ovarian cancer.

I've had this strange sensation for a long time - must be at least 6 years since I first noticed it - I'm in my late twenties now. I had it all through the time I was under the doctor being examined for IBS and I even had a scan over my stomach during that time...though I can't remember if they went down as far as the ovaries. Symptoms haven't changed in that time.

It's been a bit tense today but then I've not been able to stop thinking about it all day, whatever I've been doing. Feel like I'm going mad.

Jan63
21-02-09, 00:08
I'm sure you haven't got ovarian cancer and you don't seem to have any symptoms of it at all so please try not to worry. I must admit I worry about the same thing but I think I am probably quite a bit older than you are.:hugs: I don't think ovarian cancer is all that common and I read that a doctor usually sees one case every five years so it must be quite rare and if you've had the same sort of symptom for 6 years then I would definitely say it isn't ovarian cancer.:hugs:

rb1978
22-02-09, 13:01
Thanks for your comment. I found another website yesterday which listed some symptoms which I'm relieved to say I don't have. Maybe the one I found before was so vague that virtually any woman could fit the description.

The whole area is so tender right now but then I've been an idiot the last few days prodding and poking so this probably isn't a surprise really.

Like you say, I should probably focus on the fact that I've had this symptom for years (6 is probably underestimating it) and if it was nasty it certainly would have spread or got much much much worse by now. In fact, I probably wouldn't even be here.

I'm gonna have to be strict with myself and stop googling, prodding, worrying, poking, obsessing....

If only that was as easy as it sounds...:wacko: