PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

theradiomanlaughs
21-02-09, 07:50
Hello everyone.
I just joined the site today and wanted to introduce myself.
I joined because I have been having difficulty dealing with my anxiety disorders alone. Although I attend university in the US, I don't have many support resources availible to me. My anxiety has started to affect my grades and I need to gain control of my situation.

I have social anxiety, so it can take me a long time to get up the courage to ask for help. I may be a little quiet for a bit while I settle in, but I'm sure I'll be able to start discussing things soon!

I have panic disorder and manic depression, which makes university life seem overwhelming at times. I take medication and try to stay positive about my current situation.

The most difficult thing I deal with is my hypochondria/health anxiety. To me, every headache is a stroke; every pulled muscle a blood clot. I can't remember the last time I had "just an ache." Everything feels like dying. Once I start to panic, life seems almost impossible. It feels like I'm facing my death every day. The scariest part is the feeling of isolation that accompanies every attack. I hope that being able to read your experiences as well as share some of my own will help to alleviate some of those isolated feelings.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to speaking with you!

Jay21
21-02-09, 08:59
Welcome to nmp theradiomanlaughs. I also have social anxiety, and you'll find many others who can relate to what your going through on this site.
I'm sure you will get the same great support i have through nmp.
Welldone for staying positive,
Much love, Jay

Veronica H
21-02-09, 11:12
:welcome: Glad you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

lovelife
21-02-09, 11:22
Hello *waves*

I miss the days when i could just casually think 'hmm my arm hurts' not 'heart attack/stroke/heart attack/stroke'. I'm at university too but have found, as in most places, people just think we're being 'silly' or 'dramatic'. I find my friends are the best comfort- allowing me to ramble about my current list of symptoms. I'm not sure how your social anxiety has effected your making friends- do you have some close ones?
I find just letting someone know helps =)

lorac
21-02-09, 11:43
Hi

Welcome to the site, I think you will find lots of good advice and support on here from people who really do understand.

Take care

Carol

Southern_Belle
21-02-09, 11:51
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Patty
21-02-09, 13:06
Hi Theradiomanlaughs, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

sunshine-lady
21-02-09, 23:15
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

weeble40
25-02-09, 09:52
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx