PDA

View Full Version : Change in normal bowel habits

melodinpanic
21-02-09, 11:39
Has any of you notice a change of bowel movement since anxiety?
Since being anxious I noticed that (sorry gross) my stool is rarely a nice long and big piece like it used to be. Now it's just small pieces and a lighter colour.
Is anyone's having the same experience?

yanksforever
22-02-09, 19:24
Yes anxiety can definitely cause changes in bowels. A light colored stool means that things are passing quickly through the digestive track, a sure sign of anxiety. And it's ok if it's not one long big piece...mine often comes out in small pieces as well.

Anxiety causes a lot of digestive issues..

melodinpanic
22-02-09, 19:39
Thanks a lot for your reply, I was kind of worried...
Yeah, my digestive system it hasn't been really good since anxiety, maybe it's just that.

Thanks!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

lin
25-02-09, 11:08
hi
yes my stools have changed as my anxiety has come back and don't no why, they are loose rather than solid and i tend to go more than once a day .
linda

chbun
25-02-09, 13:29
I suffer from all kinds of strange bowel habits due to anxiety! My stomach often moans and groans all day long! Sometimes I have to resort to Immodium to regulate myself a bit more. My GP says this is fine and it helps to get the poo to return to normal!x

sunshine-lady
25-02-09, 14:20
Anxiety certainly does cause problems with the bowels. I think trying to keep to a heathy diet and drinking lots of water can help as well as excersie.