PDA

View Full Version : Hola! =)

lovelife
21-02-09, 11:05
:) Hello - umm i'm steffi and have health anxiety. I study psychology with the aim of being in a profession where i help people with these problems. So it's a bit ironic!
I've had it mildly for a loooong time. Noone explained heart burn and palpitations to me when i was younger so i was a 10 year old thinking she had heart disease haha. Then a couple of years ago, the morning after a night out where i had been worrying about a cut on foot (gangrene) and shivering (hypothermia) i had what turned out to be a panic attack. That just opened the lovely gates and i was having them all the time. The stupid thing was i was crying in worry and laughing at my own 'stupidity' at the same time. I taught myself some things and managed to stop the actual panic attacks. Now its just worry.
I don't put myself in situations where i know i'll end up worrying later (eg. eating food thats 'use by' is today) and it generally works well.
In the end i'm hoping that my direct experience will help me help others in future. Other people can't understand what it feels like so are likely to think 'hah stupid person thinking they have cancer' on some level.

Oh and i'm not scared of the pain or illness =) - just death. I really love life and the idea of dying early is horrible to me.

Soooo that's me :yahoo:

*EDIT: Sorry, it didn't occur to me that 'hola' isn't english. I use it instead of hello casually. But the title of this thread is 'Hello' for those that don't know =)

lorac
21-02-09, 11:41
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will find some good advice and support on here from people who really understand.

Take care

Carol

Southern_Belle
21-02-09, 11:56
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Patty
21-02-09, 13:08
Hi Lovelife, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

sunshine-lady
21-02-09, 23:15
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

suzy-sue
21-02-09, 23:21
Welcome to N.M.P :welcome: im sure youll find this site a great help ,like i have. luv sue x

weeble40
25-02-09, 09:47
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx