PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Devon, UK :)

belladonna
21-02-09, 15:20
Hi Everyone
Been on and off here many times over the past 2 years or so but finally joined up today ! I'm Lisa, I'm 40, mother of one and we live with my partner in North Devon.
I moved here from Birmingham 3 years ago and that's when my problems started really. I have experienced panic attacks on and off for around 15 years but things got really bad about 2 1/2 years ago when I started to have all the classic signs of panic with anxiety. I strugglewd for ages, not knowing what it was - the dizziness, shortness of breath and just never, ever feeling 'right'. Led me to the brink of agrophobia and thank goodness I started looking online for help and realising that I was partly creating all of this - but we know it's a Catch 22 situation. I'm not fully recovered at all but I am SO much better than I was and it was the book 'CBT For Dummies' that helped me and just following CBT principles. I have a wonderful partner who understands and does not judge, a great little girl who doesn't mind if her mum can't make it to the shops today :wacko: and some great friends who kind of understand ... but I don't think that you really can unless you have experience of it.
So, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and finding out what works for you. Take care and hope you're all having a good day.
Lisa :yesyes:

Patty
21-02-09, 15:44
Hi Lisa, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

belladonna
21-02-09, 17:02
Thanks Patty, appreciate the welcome :)

sunshine-lady
21-02-09, 23:13
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

weeble40
25-02-09, 09:53
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx