PDA

View Full Version : anx and medication

melvyn
21-02-09, 16:37
Hi there I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes peroxatine to kick back in I left it off for seven weeks because of cbt therapy . unfortunatly due to severe anxiety, panic attacks, and insomia I have had to restart my medication since restarting 4 days ago all my symptoms have got worse the anx is constant and if I get any sleep it is only the od hour. when I wake up it is as if i am startled and in fear. I am taking 20 mg tablet. :ohmy:

faith
21-02-09, 18:47
I was wondering why you are taking an antidepressant when you say you have anxiety and panic attacks. Do you need a tranquilizer. All I know is that when you start these pills the anxiety gets worse for a couple of weeks when I had them I was given a tranquilizer to use if necessary. I have a cbt therapist also surely they should know what is happening to you.

melvyn
22-02-09, 11:05
I was prescribed peroxatine 7years ago this was for anxiety and depresion. I have tried 3 times to come off it but my symptoms return after about 3 weeks. while I take it I am fine.
I have also been told to take diazapam until the other meds kick in but i am a bit reluctant to take both together

Yvonne
22-02-09, 14:05
Well that's Paroxetine for you, better known as the demon Seroxat. You could be getting side effects at the moment Melvyn - give it a few weeks. Hope it works for you because this med doesn't always work when you take it a second time having come off it.

Fath; Anti depressants are given for anxiety because they treat anxiety conditions as well. Talking therapy is usually used in conjunction. A mild tranquiliser may be given but doctors don't like prescribing.