PDA

View Full Version : Hi from wales

swat77
21-02-09, 20:35
I cant tel you how nice it's been over the past few day's reading some of your personnel experiences and some of the wonderfull comments.

My story is a simple one, I lead a healthy life style,eat well etc.

My problem started when i went on holidays with my girl friend and had a big drinking session on the first night and then my problems started, on my return home a week later i stopped drinking and all seemed to be well.

Last week the anxious feeling started again so i went to me GP did sum test and found out the im suffering from Anxiety/ mild panic attacks.

He has gave me CITALOPRAM and told me to take 20mg a day, Iv been on them for the past five days and feel really anxious and tired. Just wondered has anyone else had this experience when starting on on this medication!

Thanks.

suzy-sue
21-02-09, 21:20
Welcome to NMP:welcome: .Youll find lots of help and support here.What you are experiencing with the citalopram ,is side effects,and normal.It will take a while for your body to adjust.You will find lots of useful tips and help if you go to the MEDICATION FORUM &go to the citalopram pages.Hope this helps! sue:hugs:

swat77
21-02-09, 21:51
Thanks Suzy iv been looking at some of the pages and they do seem to answer a lot of my questions.

sunshine-lady
21-02-09, 23:11
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

swat77
21-02-09, 23:37
Thanks Sunshine-lady

Dizzy-Dave
22-02-09, 02:22
Alright mate,

I've just started those meds aswell and i feel exactly the same.

It's almost 3am and I'm wide awake (after feeling knackerd all day!)

Sometimes they feel like i'm on class a's :scared15:

Patty
22-02-09, 11:22
Hi Swat, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

swat77
22-02-09, 16:30
Thanks guys,
Dizzy dave, how long you been taking them for i messed my introduction up im on day five now, did get up and went out in the car this morning but have come home had a bath and am now in bed as i feel a little anxious at times plus very tired, hope they start to show some improvment!

Veronica H
22-02-09, 18:34
:welcome: Swat77. Glad you have found us. Citalopram certainly helped to lift my mood but it did feel strange for the first 2 weeks. Your nerves are sensitised and this will get better if you donot allow yourself to get too fearful and just rest. I can recommend a brilliant book called 'self help for your nerves' by Dr Claire Weekes available from the NMP shop and also free downloads to your MP3 of her work also available in the NMP shop. I am about 80% recovered and steadily improving thanks to Dr Weekes and the support from this site.

Veronica

swat77
22-02-09, 19:05
Thanks for the advice Veronica, think my problem is that the doc told me to take half (10mg) for the first week but iv jumped stright on to 20mg after the second day, silly i guess so i think i will drop back down to 10mg for a week.

weeble40
25-02-09, 09:43
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx