PDA

View Full Version : heart worries

pele33
22-02-09, 16:35
After a genuine scare over 2 yrs ago i am now obssesed with my heart. cardiologists dr's my own gp say i have nothing to wory about. Had a boozy 2 days and today i am getting stabbing pains in my chest and twinges i am so scared i cant rest i am in tormet thinkin any second i will have a heart attack i expect it i am pacing the floor with anxiety and fear i feel in torment each twinge i think thats it ! feel shaky on the inside in total panic presure behind my eyes !
help i cant help thinkin the worst

i hate panicking
22-02-09, 17:43
It sounds like you may be having a panic attack to me ....as with panic attacks your chest goes a bit tight also it maybe the fact that you may have just over done it a bit on the drinking side of things,but if your that worried you could always ring nhs direct and they will advise you what to do:)

Hope this helps.

faith
22-02-09, 17:58
I would go to casualty if you are that worried. They willtest your heart and put your mind at rest. I have done thismyself because of chest painsand my G.P. says to go back to hospital if there is pain. There is not anything else you can do

Richard2009
23-02-09, 21:47
Hi Pele
I know how you feel as I get the same. It sounds like panic to me too.
If your GP and a cardiologist have assured you it's anxiety, I would try to remember their words when you are feeling bad. I would also avoid ringing NHS direct - they work off a flow-chart sort of system, I think, and chest pains will nearly always lead them to suggest you go to hospital - to be fair they have to urge on the side of caution. I asked my GP about this and he said "they don't know you like I do - don't worry about it". When I get pains I now just try to think of what he said, and tell myself I'm OK.
It's not easy I know, but we'll get there.
Regards,
Richard