View Full Version : Panic attack awareness

xboxer1994
23-02-09, 05:47
i had panic attacks for 3 years and didnt know what they were

i want to start a "panic attack aweness" campin or somwthing
anyone have any hook ups or anything?

chbun
25-02-09, 12:33
This is a great idea! Did you have any ideas in mind?

Charlottex

xboxer1994
28-02-09, 01:39
well ive sarted a website but i have no budget. so its cheap but it will do i even have a rss feed set up with helpful daily tips. but i have no money to advertise.
vist my website PLEASE.
http://panicattackawareness.co.cc/

nomorepanic
01-03-09, 12:54
Well done on starting a site.

You don't need a budget to start a site - I don't have one for NMP - I just rely on donations now but in the early days I got nothing and yet you can still write loads of information for people to read.

There are quite a lot of spelling mistakes on there so do you want us to point them out for you?

lorac
01-03-09, 13:01
Well done, I hope you do well in helping people.

Carol

xboxer1994
01-03-09, 18:18
i know about the spelling mistakes im working to fix them. see i type it on my ipod touch so the word is either a diffrent word or spelled wrong.

xboxer1994
03-03-09, 02:48
i think i have fixed all the spelling errors on my site. if anyone finds any please tell me.well i also decided to make a blog thing that i will post what happens in my day and what i learn about panic attacks each day and then people will read it and it will help them.and people can respond with if they have felt the same way.

http://panicattackawareness.blogspot.com/

nomorepanic
03-03-09, 09:28
Just a few for you to correct...

First page: (corrections in red)

Panic attacks are worse than any physical pain without a doubt they can hit you like a freight train and come as fast as a spy plane coming out of nowhere.

I'm in my mind not a very stressed person which shows that panic attacks can happen to anyone, stresses or not, I've heard that it's inherited from relatives,which I believe is true, but sometimes it is not. They'rethe worse thing ever if your a Christian out there and want to pray for something pray for people with panic attacks. Please (it seems to end here and no more text)

Under the 5 points on the right hand side:

You can do it you can get through this/these ?? there is always hope

My method page and about panic attacks - don't work

Hope that helps in some way

xboxer1994
04-03-09, 00:31
i think i fixed them all as of now thanks for your help.

What do other people think of the site does it help you.
http://panicattackawareness.co.cc/

nomorepanic
04-03-09, 13:00
No they are still there - I just looked.

xboxer1994
05-03-09, 21:41
that is very very werid because well i just looked at it and it says this.
Panic attacks are worse then any physical pain without a doubt the can hit you like a fright train and come as fast as a spy plane coming out of no where.
This is the part of the website where most people giving like there life story and we all cry a little bit inside. Well I’ve researched it and when websites say that it kind of tics me off. Cause I always think what did I do to deserve this. If asking yourself that question right now let me answer it for you.
You have not caused these.
Although I said I'm not a big fan of success stories I am in the process of overcoming these panic attacks.
I'm not going to tell you my life story (if you want it contact me). But I will tell you a little bit about myself I'm young like young (not saying my age).
I'm in my mind not a very stressed person which shows that panic attacks can happen to anyone, stresses or not, I've heard that it's inherited from relitives,which I believe is true, but sometimes it is not. There the worse thing ever if your a christan out there and want to pray for something pray for people with panic attacks. Please

that is werid if anyone else reads this can you check and see if it is still misspelled for you. thaks for your help nomorepanic.
http://panicattackawareness.co.cc/home.htm

Martin Ell
06-03-09, 21:43
I'd like to support your campaign in any way I can. With regards to your website, I'm a PHP developer/Web designer, so if you want any help in that department, it's yours. I think overall a campaign is a great idea, good luck!

nomorepanic
08-03-09, 13:03
Yes you are seeing what I am and those mistakes are still in it - re-read the errors I pointed out.

xboxer1994
09-03-09, 21:16
oh ok i will fix them right now. thanks a ton

Has anyone seen the little blog thing i made?

Yvonne
09-03-09, 22:10
I'll take a look at the website. Well done because I do think attention should be drawn to awareness of the illness - whatever you want to call it.

xboxer1994
09-03-09, 22:23
yes see what i mean. just think what if all the people that have cancer didnt know they had cancer? what would the world be like. they would just try and live through it. (i know cancer sucks sorry if the way i say this offends anyone that has a relitive or family member that has had cancer.)

dont expect much from my website. look at the blog i update it everyday

KaylaMarie
13-03-09, 05:07
If someone can make an advertising button....I am on alot of forums...I can at least help advertise the site there =)

xboxer1994
21-03-09, 00:57
thats a good idea

ill try

anyone....like good at that or know how to?

xboxer1994
06-04-09, 03:50
my website is on google and the facebook page is going.

more and more people see "panic attacks" everyday and start to wonder what they are. they might have them

nomorepanic
06-04-09, 11:35
The website isn't working - just to let you know

bel25
07-04-09, 22:54
I think it's a wonderful idea! I'm pretty good with spelling and grammar so if you need any advice just drop me an e-mail.
Just visited the site and noticed a few things in 'My Method Intro':
Most people Because people that have these problems will try to get rid of look at these dieses as a way to make money. these at all cost. I can understand this cause people want money. Buy this problem is so bad that I think it's stupid to try and sell so called methods to success so I will not try and sell you anything but if this site has helped you can donate to me via pay pal. Cause I'm very low budget I fact I have no budget

'Most people because'- i assume is meant to read 'because most people'?
'look at these dieses (you mean diseases?) as a way to make money. these at all cost'- doesn't seem to make sense and i cannot understand what you are meant to be saying?
'buy this problem is so bad'- is this meant to say 'buying this problem is so bad'?
'i fact'- meant to be 'in fact'?

Also, on your top 5 ways to stop them you maybe want to think about adding a few things. '1. Relax you will be fine'- Although this is great advice, we suffer PA because we don't believe we will be fine as our symptoms are so real so maybe put something about breathing techniques next to it- what has worked for you (if any- if not maybe make a post on here and ask people?). Another excellent point you make is '3. Try (even though it's hard) to stop thinking about it'- this can be very useful, maybe want to think about mentioning something about distraction? (watching happy film, reading happy book etc)

Also, something which has worked very well for me- in fact i'd say it's been the most effective way of dealing with PA- is exercise: whether it be the gym, swimming, yoga, kick-boxing, whatever you enjoy the most or whatever works best for you and is very beneficial as it releases happy hormones, which is always good :) I was PA free for a year because of exercise!

Maybe you want to mention books (not as a selling point but because they genuinely can help)- i read Christine Ingham, Panic Attacks and Dr Roger Baker, Understanding Panic Attacks and Overcoming Fear and they both make a lot of sense and can reassure some sufferers (especially the people who are just starting to experience them) that they are not alone, that nothing is wrong with them as lots of other people get the same symptoms as they do, which could reduce the worry. Or you might want to think about doing part of this yourself- make a list of PA symptoms and maybe mention the different avenues of help open to people (medication, therapy etc)?

Also, have you thought of putting the web address for No More Panic on your website? (and any others you think are/have been helpful). Will help people get more information on their condition- knowledge is power!

I apologise if i've suggested anything you've already done- had a quick look at the website. Looks great! :yesyes:

Let me know what you think.
Good luck with it all!
xxx

nomorepanic
08-04-09, 10:52
Hi there

You haven't corrected the spelling mistakes I pointed out yet either - just to let you know

xboxer1994
13-04-09, 01:14
i know i need to keep working to fix them but i just keep getting to busy but thanks for the notice.

i guess when i keep writing new things(which arent on there yet) i forget about the old ones.

thanks

Insomniac
13-04-09, 10:57
Hi there,

I think this is a great idea, and it takes a lot to do this. I do admire your ability and determination.

Spellings are so hard to see in your own work aren't they, its great that you have so many offers of help already. I find it almost impossible to correct spellings in my work unless I print it off first. (Thank goodness these posts are short! lol)

Wishing you much success!:shades: