PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo

ItWillPass
20-07-05, 17:56
I am SO scared right now. I mentioned a little while ago that I have been sick A LOT. My most recent issue was a middle ear infection. With that I got terrible room spinning vertigo. Luckily that went away with the antibiotic... However, just yesterday the vertigo has returned. When I turn my head i feel like the room is spinning, and sometimes I get a sensation like i am falling into the ground. I am so scared right now. The doctors dont seem concerned! Anyone ever have experience with this? I am convinced I have a tumor, since I have been also feeling forgetful and out of it. I just need to feel better!

seh1980
20-07-05, 18:22
hi Heidi,

I don't suffer from vertigo but a friend of mine has vertigo and panic attacks. She gets the same symptoms that you're describing. She always sits on the floor because she says it makes her feel less like she's falling. She's on meds for the vertigo as well as the panic attacks. It's a shame that your doctor isn't being very helpful. Is there no one else you could talk to about it?

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sal
20-07-05, 23:58
Hi Heidi i can only offer you a lot of support on this as i havent suffered it and i can only imagine how hard it is.

Dont forget we are all here to suppot you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

NANAX10
21-07-05, 00:12
Heidi

You may be suffering from BPV or Labrynthitis which are inner ear conditions and cause the vertigo exactly like you described! I have had both and they can scare and frighten you. It is true, it could also be part of your panic! For BPV try not to move your head in any fast motion and don't look up. This can come and go over time.....any more questions, feel free to pm me! Hope I've helped.....don't worry, it is benign.

KATHY LYNCH

Piglet
21-07-05, 09:16
Hi Heidi,

We chatted briefly in chat last night.

I get dizziness as one of my regular anxiety symptoms and sometimes if I've swung my head round too fast I get that horrible feeling like you're going to fall over. I really sympathise and the only reason I think you might want to go to the doctors is just to check your ears are ok as the balance in them can be so sensitive (just so you can rule that out).

Once I did that I stopped worrying about it and I know it is just a passing symptom just not a very pleasant one.

Love Piglet

ItWillPass
21-07-05, 15:50
Thank you all SO much for your support. It helps so much to know that there are people out there who understand what I am going through. The doctors are done talking to me, because they say there is nothing seriously wrong with me... but when the room is spinning... its impossible to believe that.

stimpy
21-07-05, 23:12
Hi Heidi

I've had this a few times and it is a bit freaky and a pain.

I found it made me feel quite sick.
You try to stand up and the room goes one way (in my case always to the right) and your feet thinks your moving, even when you aren't and so tries to follow the direction you are spinning in.

I was given stemital and that seemed to sort it out.
Sometimes beconase nasal spray can help, as it could be congestion in your ears.

It's a shame your doctor isn't a bit more sympathetic.
It's a pain in the bum when you can't make a cup of tea because your arm is telling you go right even when the cup is straight ahead of you.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Sue K with 5
22-07-05, 23:17
Hi heidi

I remeber going to bed one night feel fine and when I stood up the following morning I collapsed onto the bed, the room was spinning and I could not stand. I was ****** petrified. I called my doctor who talked me through my symptoms and he sent me up an urgent prescription for some medication. I spent nearly four days lying down, and I sitll have similar problems now, probably due to the anxiety.

Please dont worry, these symptoms do subside, I promise you and they are not life threatening, just very scary when it happens and very annoying when you have so much to get on with.

just try to relax and catch up on some well earned me time !

you take care

Sue with 5

scknight

pollynewsome
13-05-15, 13:26
I have this and was prescribed Stemital . Worked wonders. Took it for 4 years. Stopped taking it in Dec 2013. but yesterday the 12th of may 2015.. yak vertigo again.. boo.. however i am going to be strong and not freak out.. it is scary like you say and makes you panic and anxious so i would go back docs before it gets out of control.. good luck and keep us posted. x