PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here

deb141
23-02-09, 09:42
Hi everyone
I have suffered with panic attacks and anxiety for 8 years now. With medication in the past i have had respite from anxiety and fear but always in the back of my mind was the fear of having a panic attack. I was panic and anxiety free for a year or two until i found out i was pregnant March 08, i had a lovely pregnancy with no real anxiety, just the normal pregnancy worries. I had my baby in December 08 11 days late and had a rough time. Since then i have had terrible panic and severe anxiety, constantly worrying about my health. My doctor thinks there is some PND also although i don't feel depressed really. I was prescribed citalopram 20mg (previously been on flouoxetine) and recently i have had it increased to 40mg as my anxiety was getting worse. I have only been on 40mg for a couple of days and feel well spaced out but i put this down to the side effects. i keep thinking there is something wrong with my heart as i get pains in my chest. I also have bad back pain which i worry about. When i am thinking rationally i know that its all down to the anxiety. I am really hoping this 40mg will kick in quick as i have a 11 wk old to look after !. I also read a book regularly called 'At last a life' by Paul David which is brill. I would love to hear peoples success stories for something to boost me. Thanks

lorac
23-02-09, 11:14
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Patty
23-02-09, 12:21
Hi Deb, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :flowers:

sunshine-lady
23-02-09, 22:56
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

weeble40
25-02-09, 09:34
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx