PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture

shona
20-07-05, 18:18
Has anyone tried acupuncture for panic attacks? I went today for first time ever and I am feeling more relaxed than was when on tranquilisers in fact felt quite spaced for an hour after it was brilliant. I think I'l definately go back and have more they say 4-6 trearments needed to work fully...will let you know if it works but if anyone else at the end of their tether It is worth a try if you can afford it. Its not very sore just a funny feeling when he put the needles in. I havent seen psychologist yet I thought I'd try this while Im waiting. Taking fluoxitine but wish had tried acupuncture sooner.Shonax

seh1980
20-07-05, 18:29
Haven't tried it yet but have been thinking about giving it a go. Glad it's helping you..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

melanie
20-07-05, 19:54
hi there,last wednesday i had my fourth lot of acupuncture and from personal experience it really helps after last weeks session i have felt more relaxed than in ages so am going to carry on with it. i didnt know it takes four to six treatments but can definately say its true:D
mel xx

melanie

sal
21-07-05, 00:09
Hi

Yeah i have tried it and i had 8 sessions and it worked wonders for me. I hope it works aswell for you and i can only suggest that you try it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
21-07-05, 08:39
I have been having acupuncture in conjunction with hypnotherapy and find this really relaxes me.

I would recommend anyone to give it a try.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
21-07-05, 17:19
Hi all

This sounds like just what I need.

How do I go about finding a reputable one near me.

MANDIE XX

shona
21-07-05, 20:58
Mandi I found one through the yoga centre I used to attend,but look on the web under accupuncture or complementary therapy you should find one in your area. The brittish accupunture association also has a website with a list of registered practitioners for their organisation. I'm feeling bit anxious again today, probably more aware as felt so good yesterday but as I said meant to have 4-6 times for long term effect so I will let you know how I get on. Going again next week, Shonax

EmmaJane
21-07-05, 21:26
I have thought about it, havent had it as im a bit worried about where they put the needles and if it hurts[:I]

My sister had it for hayfever and it completely cured her of that.

Ill definately give it more thought

Take care:D

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

pinkscrumpy
21-07-05, 23:01
Thanx for the info shona. Will let u know

MANDIE XX

Holly
28-07-05, 11:59
I'm considering this. My doctor has told me she can give me a list of local places, so maybe asking your doctor would get you the best recommendation?

Out of interest, how much £ are we talking?

shona
29-07-05, 13:02
Mine costs £30 for one hour and im going once a week. Think it is helping. I had a certain person ranting and calling me all the names under the sun in car yesterday also speeding and locked the car doors so i couldent get out then put me out somewhere I dident know so I was lost but I felt totally chilled afterwards, 4 weeks ago I would have had a panic attack. also ive been flying about on underground no bother and I hate trains. So it must be helping i think its worth the money. Although im taking fluoxitine too so maybe is the combination. Id say go once and see how you feel as it is pretty good, shonax