PDA

View Full Version : st johns wort tea

starsuite
20-07-05, 20:10
i had heard about people taking st john wort tablets for depression ( which i havnt actually tried my self but i intend to) but i didnt know about the tea until the other day.
i saw it in holland and barrat, its a little expensive for tea, £ 1.10 i think( herbal teas are normally about 80p). im a big fan of herbal teas anyway and drink them regularlly ( im a big fan of peppermint and cammomile) they are great for chilling out and relaxing.
the only ingrediant in this tea is st johns wort. it tastes kinda bitter but not unpleasant (people that like green teas will love it)
this tea must have some effect because it says on the packet not to have more than four cups of it a day.

anyway its been great so far i really like it. ill let you know how i get on with it on a longer basis.

id also like to know if anyone else has tried it and what you think?

pips
20-07-05, 20:39
Hi Starsuite,

I haven't tried it but thanks for that I didn't realise you could get it in a tea form either.

I wonder if it still effects the contraceptive pill as i know the tablets do. I'd love to try some if not.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

seh1980
20-07-05, 22:04
[Wow!] I didn't know you could get it in tea form. Will look into that..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

EmmaJane
20-07-05, 22:27
I didnt know that either. Do you know can u mix st johns wart with prozac?

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

starsuite
21-07-05, 00:22
i have heard that it is ok to take st johns wort along side anti depressants, but you should ask you doctor too just to be sure

Meg
21-07-05, 08:20
You should NOT take St. Johns wort along side any prescribed antidepressants . They interfere with the absorption of both.

Also ensure you're not on any other potential interactive medication ie the pill, cardiac medication, warfarin etc.

Pips - I wouldn't mix them even if it is tea

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pips
21-07-05, 08:51
Thanks for that Meg,

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

EmmaJane
21-07-05, 11:08
Thanks Meg, Ill give it a miss then.
Hope it works for others and good luck to you all. Let us know

Emma xx

starsuite
29-07-05, 23:25
It says on the box that it delivers 0.24mg hypericin per serving if that means anything to anyone

zena
01-08-05, 12:29
Oh,
I was gonna go to the health shop 2day and get some in tablet form, but might try the tea 1st.
Let me know how you get on with it would you.

with good wishes

Zena

Robert1988
01-08-05, 21:10
We have some st john's wort pills 300 mg, and it says not to use if your under 18. Well im 17 and dono if I should use them or not lol, but if they will help me I would want to give them a try..

Rob

EmmaJane
01-08-05, 22:20
Robert,

Maybe you could ask the store thats selling them. I guess it depends when your 18?

Emma xx

april tones
18-09-05, 23:41
id love to try this but i heard st johns wort can make ashma meds effects not work??? thanks x

apriltones

desperate
19-09-05, 12:10
I'm not sure but I heard the tea was supposed to be good.

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression