PDA

View Full Version : Joined today

Richard2009
23-02-09, 17:59
Hello Everyone
I am 30 and have been experiencing anxiety for a while now. I have been depressed on and off for the past few years, and am having psychotherapy for that which is helping the depression but making me more anxious (chest pains, panic attacks, shortness of breath etc). I have been drinking too much to calm myself down in the evenings, but I think it only makes it worse the next day. Has any-one ever escaped from a cycle like this?
It's great to read over the forums and to find I'm not alone!
Best wishes
Richard

bottleblond
23-02-09, 18:09
Hi Richard

Welcome along to NMP!

Yup, the alcohol habit is a very easy one to slip into if you suffer from anxiety. It's like a release for many of us but not an ideal one to be honest.

I think there is a few posts on the forum about people using alcohol as a tool so please don't think you are on your own.

Lovely to meet you

Lisa
x

lorac
23-02-09, 18:47
Hi Richard

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good support and advice on here.

Take care

Carol

jack00
23-02-09, 19:49
Hi Richard, and you're very welcome here.

Yes, you can definitely break the cycle, and it sounds like you are already making the first step by understanding what impact it is having on you. Don't be too hard on yourself and take it gently -- you will find lots of other people here in the same situation.

Cheers!
Jack

sunshine-lady
23-02-09, 22:53
Hi Richard and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
24-02-09, 00:47
Hi Richard, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

weeble40
25-02-09, 09:32
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx