PDA

View Full Version : Help

Gemma T
23-02-09, 20:19
Hey. Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Im having a little prob with my left wrist. Its been hurting and aching for a couple of days? It becomes more painful towards the end of the day. Its hard to describe but its kind of like ive pulled something but cant think what i may have done. It absolutely killed today when i tried holding a heavy door.

Am i worrying for no reason?. Last week i had a pain surrounding the back of my left knee which was painful to walk on. Kind of went to the back of my calf and knee. It was aching i got shooting pains. Im sure it was swollen. Was That anxiety? I dont know.

Can someone help please. Im seconds away from googling bloodclots

Lots of love Gemma

x_Shazza_x
24-02-09, 11:51
I know how you feel - my left arm and wrist have been aching/tingling/numb since last night after a panic attack, which made me think I was having a heart attack. It feels like a dead weight at the moment. I was gonna start a thread myself as I'm worried it won't stop hurting so can't offer much advice myself but I think it's probably just the anxiety/panic causing it. Try not to worry too much, hang in there and I hope you start feeling better soon :hugs: x

Dazo
24-02-09, 13:40
I have the same problems just like you Gemma right now and have had it for some days now.

/ Daniel

GemmaAnn
24-02-09, 15:26
Hey guys =)

I had problems with my wrists and the rest of my joints for years before they figured out it was joint hypermobility.
Sounds like you may have over stretched, or have some form of repetitive strain in your wrist, it happens all the time where we dont notice what we have done but feel the pain afterwards. Especially in our joints.
Really simple things that you would never think of causes it ... typing, picking something up, making a cup of tea! Try to keep it rested and not over exert it, and remember you would be in absolute agony and probably v.v.swollen and unable to move if it was a blood clot!

Gem x

Gemma T
24-02-09, 20:44
Thanks for everybody message. I feel better now. Thankfully its not been to bad today.

Thanks again

Love Gemma