PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Newbie here

I_Am_Zuul
24-02-09, 11:12
Hi everyone. I am so glad I found this place. My name's Steph and I'm 23.

I was recently diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. Having to tell my manager today, which I am scared about.

I've been trying to keep busy when I'm too anxious to go to work (exercise, walking the dog, reading) and eating more healthily. Also tried some relaxation MP3s.

I just wanted to get some support from people who understand - I've been reading through some posts and they have been really useful :)

Patty
24-02-09, 12:16
Hi Steph, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

x_Shazza_x
24-02-09, 12:20
Hi good luck with telling your manager - I hope it all goes ok :hugs:x

I_Am_Zuul
24-02-09, 12:27
Thanks so much for the warm welcome :hugs:

I told him and he was really understanding. I said I was feeling overwhelmed with all the tasks we have (a small IT firm with lots of clients!!), and he's been really good. He took some off me so I could concentrate on a smaller number.

Feel less panicky now! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see what can be done with me!

I'm due to start CBT in a month or so, and I'm kind of looking forward to it.

x_Shazza_x
24-02-09, 12:37
Glad to hear telling your manager went well :D

I_Am_Zuul
24-02-09, 15:03
Thanks tetley :)

I think I will pop in the chatroom when I get home from work tonight.
xx

Vanilla Sky
24-02-09, 15:28
Welcome to NMP, you will find support and understanding here, its helped me, even just going into the chatroom and having a rant makes me feel better, maybe see you in there Love Paige x

I_Am_Zuul
24-02-09, 16:11
Thanks Paige :) Hopefully see you in there tonight :hugs:

I_Am_Zuul
24-02-09, 19:14
Oops, can't get into chat as I haven't been a member for 5 days yet :(

lorac
24-02-09, 19:20
Hi

Welcome to the site I am sure you will find many on here who understand how you feel and you will get some good advice and support.

Take care

Carol

sunshine-lady
24-02-09, 23:42
Hi Steph and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

weeble40
25-02-09, 09:28
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx