PDA

View Full Version : How cool is this!!!

angieb
21-07-05, 09:55
Little tale is not about me but my hubby Rob.

He is manager of a large retail and trade animal feed shop which is in a big open warehouse and also has internally a seperate closed in shop for more expensive horsey and dog gear.

A couple of weeks ago he had a lady come in who was acting strangely, she grabbed a trolly, did not look at anybody hurried up and down the isles picking bits up but kept her eye on the door. Rob thought this suspicious, he gets a lot of theft in his shop so he kept an eye being really vigilant. Next this lady passed the door to the intershop, looked in, checked out the exit door and moved on, after watching her do this three times Rob asked her if he could help as he started to recognise the signs and behaviour - not of a thief but of someone suffering panic anxiety!!!!

He was correct, the lady wanted a dog coat and admitted to Rob that she suffered panic attacks and could not go into the inner shop because she could not see the exit door. Rob explained that his wife had also suffered with this and chatted with her to relax her. He offered to bring some coats out to her but also then offered to take her in and stay with her whilst she made her choice. After a minute she agreed and did just that. She was so grateful and happy that she has been back three times now and is now able to enter the inner shop on her own (only when Rob is on duty lol:D) - what a hero though, I am so proud that he took the time to make this lady feel OK.

Just goes to show doesn't it, the lady's husband too thanked Rob as normally he has to shop with his wife so just a little bit of understanding brought a great result.

Just thought i'd share this with you.

Take care.

Meg
21-07-05, 09:58
Excellent Angie

Does he want a stock of flyers ??

Bug hug to him

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tattybear
21-07-05, 09:59
HI angie,

Thats great story - and it rang true with me too ...i think i must look v suspicous if im in anywhere as i always have to know where the doors are somtimes stand by them for a bit until i calm down!!

What your hubby did was fantatsic! He understood exactly how the lady felt & did exactly te right thing, this has probably made such a buge impact & differnce to this ladys life and he should be very proud of what he did.

Its a shame not everyone is like this!

Tatty B xx

Barb
21-07-05, 11:15
Hi Angie

What a caring husband you have. I know I look suspicous when in a shop as I grab everything give it to my daughter and fly out the door. I often see people watching me, still what the hell.

Barb xxx

mumof4
21-07-05, 11:29
nice story its nice he took time to help her ushould be proud of him.

Peru83
21-07-05, 11:35
I think that is brilliant what your husband did, here's hoping that their is many more of him out there.

I've seen me go to Asda for a big shop so I grab a big trolly and then I get as far cold meat and yogurt and decide that I need to get home, they must think I'm bonkers for getting such a huge trolly for soo little, lol :).

Take carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

pinkscrumpy
21-07-05, 17:23
Hi Angie

What your hubby did was fantastic. You should be so proud of him as well as he of himself.

Are you going to give him a special treat LOL

MANDIE XX

seh1980
21-07-05, 18:46
That is SO sweet - good for him :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

alexis
21-07-05, 19:00
Hi angie, I must have looked like a shoplifter on many occasions, I always find the door out anywhere I go, sometimes I ll stand outside and go in after a few minutes and sometimes go back after half an hour,what he did is great, shops and buisnesses often have deaf aware signs on so why not panic aware and train people on it.
Well done to him, love Alexis,xx

nomorepanic
21-07-05, 19:45
How lovely of him to take the time to do that.

I bet you are very proud of him.

Tell him to get them to come here as well lol.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

EmmaJane
21-07-05, 21:12
That is lovely Angie, your husband did well.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Piglet
22-07-05, 09:11
Ah - he sounds a squeezy poppet (better tell him I said fit hunk though as don't think men like being squeezy poppets).

It's funny when I first had anxiety the amount of people who came out of the woodwork and said either they suffered or had someone close to them who did - I was amazed.

My gp said something like 1 in 3 people will consult him for stress at some point in their lives. If you imagine that next time you are in a busy place then thats a lot of folks isnt it.

Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.