PDA

View Full Version : New to this

chbun
24-02-09, 14:21
Hi I'm Charlotte and I have just discovered this website today. I am 27 and I have been suffering from panic disorder/anxiety/agoraphobia for 9 years on and off. I have taken quite a few different types of medication:- Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, escitalapram, venlafaxin and beta blockers! Currently I'm taking beta blockers and 5mg Escitalapram (I'm weaning off them). I am currently suffering from a relapse of panic attacks brought on by breaking up with my fiancee (the wedding was planned for April). I am currently off work as I was having panic attacks at work and before leaving for work. I am nurse on a very busy ward and feel that I cannot cope. I have had several warnings from work about my sickness levels and worry that I may eventually lose my job (not good when you have a mortgage).

I live in the north east of England and have no family around me for a 200 mile radius. I often feel very lonely (although I do have some very good friends). I have been undertaking a course of CBT since March last year which is great and I felt that I had finally kicked my anxiety until my relationship break down which sent me back to square one.

I am looking for any advice that ANYONE can offer me! It would be fantastic to hear from people who have experienced anxiety in any form.

Thanks, Charlotte:

sunshine-lady
24-02-09, 23:47
Hi Charlotte and welcome to NMP

I am also agoraphobia and from the North East.

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Lynnann
25-02-09, 03:41
Hi Charlotte,

Welcome to NMP, you will find this site a great place for advice, support and understanding and I am sure you will make some good friends here along your road to recovery.

Lynnann

weeble40
25-02-09, 09:25
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Patty
26-02-09, 13:25
Hi Charlotte, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :bighug1: