PDA

View Full Version : Winter bugs

linesman
24-02-09, 16:22
Hi,

i haven't posted for a loooonnnnng time, but am now having a bit of a bad spell. Prior to chrsitmas i picked up a chest infection that wouldn't shift until i'd had two lots of antibiotics. It was my fault though as i was coughing up all sorts for nearly 2 weeks before going down the docs as wanted to deal with it on my own, plus i believed green phlegm was OK ! I became convinced it was pneumonia and i went down the docs 3 times in one week for them to listen to my chest, each time it was clear although i was still bring up plegm in the morning. It turned out i'd then got sinusitis , another batch of antibiotics seemed to do the trick and for the past 6 weeks i've been OK.

At the weekend, i got all hot and sweaty, started running a fever with chills, achy muscles and a headache, and became convinced it was full on flu.... Today I feel a bit better but have made the mistake of googling the flu and all the complications that can go with it and am now worrying about stuff thats not even happened yet.

This is the first winter for a few years where I've got bugs, one after the other and now i'm panicky that something underlying is wrong with me, although reading the site it seems i'm not the only person who has had bug after bug....

Trish
24-02-09, 21:13
I have been just the same. I suffered a chest infection before Xmas that took two lots of antibiotics to clear, although i've still bringing up a slight bit of gunk:ohmy:

Last Saturday i started to come down with a cold and to be honest i feel really yuk! I've been going hot & cold but not running a temp....is that normal? I have the flu jab every year and this is the first cold i've had in a long time.......hate to think how much worse i could feel if i hadn't had the jab:whistles:

Roll on the summer!

lesleya
26-02-09, 02:41
Hi Linesman
No your not alone...im feelng ill at the moment.
I just did a post myself last night about it. Ive just woken up feeling like im gasping for air...my chest and throat are burning and its hurts to even try and cough, i have to hold my chest to cough it hurts that much. I was at docs last night and she said my chest sounded clear...but i can hear it wheezing and crackling and theres definetley stuff there to come away..i just feel so yuck..tempature and shivering. I get embarrassed going to the doctors now as i feel as though ive got colds and flu all the time.

linesman
26-02-09, 17:07
thanks for the replies both of you, its so tough... This virus has knocked me for six and cos i feel low its making me more stressed out, i'm blowing every ache and pain out of all proportion and just hate it.. Although I do feel better today, just had a really bad headache on one side of my face by my eye and nose and above, now i'm thinking i've got sinusitis. When will it stop !!

I find that I then hide away in bed and don't move, it then makes me feel even worse, its a weird coping mechanism...

BenC83
26-02-09, 17:25
I've got this at the moment. Coughing up a little bit of gree nfor the last couple of mornings - very minor though. Became petrified I got pneumonia as well, but I'm okay for the moment. You're not alone.