PDA

View Full Version : The calm before the storm?

snowdrop
24-02-09, 16:37
Hi All

Realised I posted thias in wrong place and am really intrigued...

Does anyone else find that a panic attack often comes after feeling on top of the world? Or is it just psychological or coincidence?

I have been doing great, had a really good week of sleeping well, nipping negative thoughts in the bud, not being SO worried all the time etc etc and BHAM...out of nowhere comes a panic attack :scared15:!!

I have no idea where it came from, I felt calm previous to it, no dramas or anything.

I did manage to control it though with my breathing before it became a full blown attack...not easy as you're trying to drive in a straight line!

Anyone else have certain times an attack comes on??

L x

StephdeMeth
24-02-09, 21:47
I can't believe I've finally found someone who has this as well!
I always have my panic attacks when I am happiest. They happen either when I'm in a rehearsal, or when I'm in Christian Union. They are the two times that I am happiest, and most confident in myself. I thought it was just my body punishing me for being happy and being over-emotional, as I can't think of any other reason. They also occasionally happen when I get very very stressed, or when I am very depressed and have had a very bad day, but mainly it's when I'm happy and on top of the world.
All I'm going to say is, like tetley said, don't dwell on it too much. I've let it take over my life, I can't go to Christian Union at the moment because the last three meetings I've been to I've had the paramedics called out because my panic attack was so severe - it's starting to take over my life. So yeah, don't dwell on it too much. It will affect your life...
x

snowdrop
24-02-09, 22:38
I really didn't realise they could come when things are good as well as bad, you're right though I am not going to let it affect me otherwise I will be thinking whats the point in feeling good?, and there's loads of points!

I am finding its happening more when I'm driving which is pretty scary but then I do wonder if you've had 1 once in a particular place its more likely to become a recurring incident when you are in the same situation?

Am not going to let it phase me, things have been too good to go back to negative thinking, I will just have to check out all the 'stop' points and pull over if needs be.

Thanks for your responses.

X