PDA

View Full Version : Complacency, The pearls of getting too slack

Jaco45er
24-02-09, 17:34
After years of general/health anxiety, I nipped it in the bud through exercise and Claire Weekes forever.

Or so I thought.

I found that regular trips to the gym stayed off anxiety, and even pressure situations were a breeze to cope with (well, after a lot of swearing and shouting).

I haven't stepped in the gym since October, and a few issues are causing me grief lately but stuff I would normally deal with no bother.

However, the high anxiety is seeping back in, sleepless nights, cloudy head, laboured breathing, raised BP (151/91, I know this, as I have a BP monitor, I got it free when I bought an ECG machine and life support system, amazing what 3 for 2 bargins you can get if you look).

Anyway, I was wondering has anyone ever achieved to overcome anxiety through exericise alone, only to slip back when they stopped going?

Theory's on a postcard

bottleblond
24-02-09, 17:44
Jaco

Only real excersise i get is if i need to catch the shop before it closes Lol.

Your anxiety seems to work the same was mine does. A few things happen over a period of time and WHAM, it hits full force. :mad: I know it's really difficult but try not to dwell on it and remember your mad mates are here for you.

Loads a love mate
Lisa
xxx

:bighug1:

Oceanblue
24-02-09, 17:49
Talking things through and exercise has really been the most beneficial therapies of all for myself.

I've been through the very worst of my illness and can now put this behind me.

I now teach dance p/t and am still studying towards GP Referral Fitness Instructor, it's hard for me to slack now, but when I did, I became ill. When I slacked in exercise, I then used to find myself giving up eating a healthy balanced diet, drinking too much alcohol, sleepless nights etc,.. (it became a knock on effect) and this just caused extra symptoms relating to both anxiety and depression.

I now keep a positive diary to keep me on track and for once in my life I'm beginning to see myself as an Optimist :) . (I never thought I'd see the day).

I say exercise is really important for everybody, epecially those that suffer with Panic Disorders, Anxiety and Depression, it helps alleviate most symptoms.

Healthy body = Healthy Mind.

eternally optimistic
24-02-09, 21:21
Hi

Ive got better since my worst and exercise has helped me through it.

I took on walking because I knew that I would become house bound very quickly - if I didnt force myself, and I mean force myself.

Anyway, several years on I try and walk as regular as possible, even if its just a mile. Dont get me wrong, Im not doing marathan distances but I do make myself do it. Ive recently felt rough and sent myself out on a walk and came back loads better.

I do definitely recommend exercise, although that alone wouldnt have been enough for me.

All the best anyway.

mickh555
25-02-09, 02:30
Well i did overcome serious anxiety through excercise.Cant comment on the slipping back ,as i havent stopped.