PDA

View Full Version : Ive had my meds upped and scared

Granny Primark
24-02-09, 18:36
Ive been the docs today for a review of my meds. Hes upped my citalopram from 20mg to 40mg.
Although they have helped im still struggling.
Im worried about any side affects of him upping the dose.
Also which im pleased about hes thinking that its time I went on hrt.

Katie27jt
24-02-09, 18:54
Upping the dose doesn't necessarily mean more side effects, have you been having problems with them before? I had a simialr worry when they upped my dose to 60mg but my doctor said as I hadn't had problems before it was highly unlikely I would, the only difficulty I had was comming of it when they changed my meds.
Hope this helps a little
Good luck
Katie
x

nomorepanic
24-02-09, 19:30
Lynn

How long have you been on 20mg and why has he suggested upping them?

suzy-sue
24-02-09, 19:39
Hi Lynne, ive only ever upped my dose by ten mg as initially my side effects were really bad.They are not anything like that,just a bit more tired and some headaches.Some people dont get any at all.How were you when you started on them? as everybody seems to react differently. You can always come here if you are havin a bad day,.luv sue

Granny Primark
24-02-09, 19:50
3 months nic.
Hes upped them cus i was taken in hospital with a panic attack just after xmas. My on going family problems are making my anxiety worse.
I was fine when i started with them virtually no side affects. I just hope the same will be when i take the increased dose.

nomorepanic
24-02-09, 19:59
Ok Lynn so you may get some side-effects then as you haven't been on them so long but some people get away with it.

Just be aware that if you feel rough it could be the increase.

I am wondering if some sort of talk therapy could help with the family issues as well?

Granny Primark
24-02-09, 20:15
Thanks so much nic.
Your help is much appreciated.
I should have gone to see see someone last week but had not got anyone to go with me.
Ive got wait now til 9th april.