PDA

View Full Version : BIG study ???

mirry
21-07-05, 12:29
HI

I have often wondered why there hasnt been a massive study into this problem we have,it should include every single person who has this problem.
ie :when you visit the doctor why dont we recieve a huge questionaire? Part of me feels there must be some common connection as to why we suffer with this condition, Id love answers too many questions like
at what age is the most likely time to get it and is it less common in the elderly? Did we have a happy childhood? what blood group are we?
infact what blood group are our parents? were we an only child? a first child, middle or last? Did we have measles as a child and so on.
Certainly something to think about.

mirryx

michelleann
21-07-05, 12:43
HI MIRRY
I AGREE! I THINK THAT WE ALL MUST HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON. VERY INTERESTING!!
PS MIRRY WHERE CAN I GET HOLD OF PAUL MCKENNA CD THAT YOU HAVE MENTIONED IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD
THANX MICHELLE XXX

mirry
21-07-05, 12:53
Hi michelle!

AMAZON i got it from, £27 but that was new you can look out for old ones that would be cheap.

Glad u liked the study idea....maybe it is something we all could do together as who else would take it as seriously as us lol.
I was thinking maybe each person could build up and provide a questionaire on each SUBJECT.

mirryx

dizzydruid
21-07-05, 13:18
Hi Mirry,
that sounds a good idea. I wonder if there is a common factor? Also perhaps just simply filling in a detailed questionaire may help individuals realise just where their own anxieties etc have come from and therefore go onto hopefully deal with them better.
lucy x

MardyBum
21-07-05, 14:04
I think its a fab idea and very very willing to take part or help in anyway I can, how else are we meant to really understand this!

Dia
21-07-05, 17:41
This may not be of help to you in particular, but here in the states, Johns Hopkins University is doing just that, on OCD. My daughter and I took part in a huge questionaire, and we had our blood drawn for the school so they can try to look for a genetic marker!

I would love to see how others have responded to the questions of family and childhood and the likes. Besides myself, there are three others in my imediate family that have panic and OCD, and we never told each other until just a few years ago!

Dia

seh1980
21-07-05, 18:36
I'm not an expert but I think that anyone can get anxiety/panic attacks/depression regardless of age, gender, race, blood type. If you look at the people just on this forum, we are all different ages, our anxiety started at different times, for different reasons, etc :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

mirry
21-07-05, 21:16
Hi DIA , that study sounds very interesting!

Is there a web site that you know of its findings or will there be?
Do you know how many people took part?
I know of 4 people including myself in my family who have this or had this problem. In my husbands family there is no one at all,which is strange.
I can remember as a child if we went to visit people i would get terrible butterflys in my stomach and feel ill...i had not a care in the world then as i was only 7 years old yet was showing clear signs of it even then.
I feel the answer isnt simple but i believe there must be one,we cant just dismiss it totally.,we deserve an answer.

mirryx

stimpy
21-07-05, 22:08
:D awesome I'm up for that.

Infact I'm suprised someone didn't think of it sooner.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

EmmaJane
21-07-05, 22:44
Hi Mirry.

This is an interesting post. I would fill a questionaire in, but I also agree with Seh, we are all different genders, ages, race etc??

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

mirry
22-07-05, 07:43
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!

Hi !

Last night whilst laying in bed I started thinking about what my doctor said to me......"your body gets flooded with adrenalin thats why you panic".
Then I started thinking about my son who is 11 years old and carrys EPI PEN injections for his acute allergys, I think these injections are adrenalin to speed up the heart.
This lead me to thinking about allergy/adrenalin problems so i looked it up online and found lots of info on this subject.
A study in spain found some interesting findings,people with allergys are more likely to suffer panic and also more people with hypo flexi joints are also more likely to suffer panic .
I dont think its as simple as age or hair colour, i just feel there must be a common link , does anyone know how many studys there have been on this subject ,involving how many people in total?

p.s i am off to Italy today (gulp) but look forward to chatting when i get back in a weeks time.
take care

mirryx

seh1980
22-07-05, 10:27
Have a great time in Italy!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

kate H
22-07-05, 17:57
Ive looked on loads of sites and they all come to the same conclusion.....no one has any answers!!! Particularly for Dp no one has a cure- there must be something out there to help or a reason for the connection surely???

.......Is your past barging in on your future? Make a better 2morrow 2day.......

Dia
22-07-05, 20:01
mirry....

The site is http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/ocd/treatment.html
they are pretty good here in the states with their research on many subjects. The OCD is still ongoing, I believe.

mirry
03-08-05, 10:28
Hi

Thanks for your replys, just looked at that site Dia and its very interesting. I am begining to keep a daily diary on my every move, so i can document when i feel anxious and when i panic .. what i ate that day and anything else.

I have read somewhere that if you have a panic attack it could of been something that happened the day before thats set you off.

take care all

mirryx

Meg
03-08-05, 13:28
Mirry ,

Mine always hit 3 days after an event .. 3 days after a death , 3 days after work troubles.
So for ages I didn't correlate them to anything- thought they were spontaneous - but it seems thats how long it took me to change one off events into negative thoughts and dwell on them constantly and then it just spirals and process subsequent triggers within minutes as you head towards panic disorder.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

mirry
04-08-05, 08:08
Hi MEG,
Thanks for telling me about your 3 day reaction.
My diary is in its early days however i am becoming amazed at what i read , I am sensitive to any thing negative , if i have words with someone no matter how small it has a big impact on me and i go into a depression later that day.
What was interesting was when i was on holiday all my panics went for the week, i had no stress there at all.
I am so glad i am recording all this information and hopefully in the future i can recognise all my weak points and focus on dealing with them.
Does any one know any web sites about delayed reactions ?

mirryx