PDA

View Full Version : Help! zispin/remeron - more anxious than before!

Peppercat
25-02-09, 18:49
My previous posts tell of how I was on 15mg of Zispin, and how it made me feel dreadfully dizzy and anxious, but it did improve my depression. It also gave me pins and needles in my arms & legs. My doctor cut me down over a few days to a quarter of a tablet, I am still taking that - but am still feeling more anxious than I was before I started. I want to stop taking it , my doctor says that it improves my depression and I should stay on! I wonder if I stopped it myself would I still get withdrawl symptoms? I do feel that even on only a quarter it is making me feel worse!!!! I know anxiety can cause all this, but can anyone give me some friendly advice!!!!!!

Vanilla Sky
25-02-09, 19:08
Hi peppercat, i was on zispin a few years ago and looking back it was the best med i ever had, it began to lift my depression at around 3 weeks then ther was no going back. I took mine at night and slept well every night. The only side effect i had was running to the loo at a moments notice sometimes, which was annoying especially if i was out. I never had anxiety at the time so im not sure if your side effects are to do with the meds or with the evil anxiety! The symptoms you describe, pins and needles, is a common one as is the dizziness. You could be feeling anxious without realising it , which makes us not breath correctly hence the dizziness and pins and needles, also anxiety makes us release adrenalin which would also cause your symptoms. Dont stop taking them suddenly, wean yourself of them if thats what you decide to do. I would have put up with any side effects to get the result that i got, the depression gone and has stayed away. Good luck with whatever your decision love paige x

Peppercat
25-02-09, 19:29
Thanks for that, but I was very keen to take them, and for the 1st 10days I put up with all the side effects, until I passed out - I was so anxious that I was shaking, and couldn't think straight, as I reduced down the symptoms got better, the pins & needles lessened in intensity, and now I am on only a quarter they are just vague. It seems to have added a new dimension to my anxiety! Even a quarter makes me sleep, so I think I may try even less and see what happens!

Katie1633
05-03-09, 15:02
Hi Peppercat, I too have suffered badly on Zispin. I used to be on 30mg but I literally couldn't get up in the morning as they knocked me out! I am now on 15mg and experience bad dizzy spells and vertigo. My GP sent me to ENT consultant to get my ears and balance checked out, but he said that my symptoms could very well be caused by my Zispin. He is writing to my GP to ask her to wean me off them to see if symptoms subside but I am very very anxious about this. The last time I tried to be weaned off them I experienced very bad withdrawals and nausea was the top one. As I suffer from Emetophobia (fear of vomiting), I am terrified to cut them down again. My advice to you is not to take the matter into your own hands and go by your Dr's instructions. These tablets do more harm to people than good sometimes! Hope this helps you. Katie x