PDA

View Full Version : Nice to be here

Indigosky
26-02-09, 16:41
Hello everyone, I'm Indy. I suffer from anxiety and to a lesser degree, OCD. I had what one of my friends called a "spectacular" breakdown 10 years ago this month, recovered after 6 months with the help of Seroxat, but then spent the last 10 years developing a dependency upon zopiclone, a medication for sleep. For the last 18 mths I have been weaning myself off this, and off my anti-depressant (mirtazapine) as well, am off the latter now, but not yet the zopiclone. For this I have depended on the help of TRAP, another forum for people trying to come off benzodiazapines and z-drugs. It has been incredibly helpful. However, as I have come off, the anxiety and OCD have been getting worse, understandably, as they are no longer masked by the medication.
In July last year I had to give up my part-time job, as I was finding things just too difficult. I hope this hiatus in my life won't last too long, but I need to concentrate on getting things a bit more back to normal. I look forward to meeting some of you soon. Best wishes,
Indy:D

Veronica H
26-02-09, 17:35
:welcome: Indy. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

sunshine-lady
26-02-09, 22:53
Hi Indy and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
27-02-09, 00:37
Hi Indy, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

lorac
27-02-09, 13:56
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Lynnann
28-02-09, 12:26
Hi Indy,

:welcome: to NMP you will find this site a great source of advice and support and make some good friends along your journey to recovery.

Lynnann:flowers:

weeble40
01-03-09, 19:02
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx