PDA

View Full Version : New and need help!!

GodsAngel83
26-02-09, 17:37
Hi there, I am 26 and from the UK. I have been suffering from anxiety on and off for about 3 years now and now it is destroying me and my relationship. We have been together for 5 years and he has been there for me through thick and thin, he has never let me down and always reassured me when in doubt. Only now it has got so bad, it feels like I cannot turn my head off and constant thoughts like "i dont love him" or "maybe we should split up" or "we dont get on anymore" are taking over my life....When i am ok I love him and see a future (we dont live together though I want to work on this before any of that comes into play) also we only see eachother twice a week so I fret over that. All my family and friends say it is my thinking and depression causing the issue, but I find it hard to accept that as I do not know how to change it. It has now got to the stage where we talk about the relationship every night to find out the problem and when I am not with him I just cry and talk to others about what I could do.Can someone help me or give me advice, I am spending the weekend with him and at the moment that feels so stressful and anxious xx

sunshine-lady
26-02-09, 22:51
Hi and welcome to NMP

Sorry to hear that you are feeling low at the moment,

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
27-02-09, 00:44
Hi GodsAngel, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

lorac
27-02-09, 13:54
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Lynnann
28-02-09, 12:31
Hi GodsAngel,

:welcome: to NMP you will find this site a great source of advice and support and make some good friends along your journey to recovery.

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time at the moment, please try to make a doctors appointment so that you can arrange some counselling. As I think you need some real time support as well.

Hope your weekend is going better than you thought it would:flowers:

Lynnann:flowers:

weeble40
01-03-09, 19:01
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx