PDA

View Full Version : questions for the girls?

bluewoman
26-02-09, 20:53
I was wondering how many of you are on hormones or birth control pills and if that has been a good thing for you anxiety/depression or bad?
i really think a lot of my symptoms are sooo hormonal but am afraid to add hormones to the mix

Janieb
27-02-09, 10:06
I came off my pill and I am not to sure if this is just pure coincidence but my anx and panic has reduced a lot. However I had made a lot of lifestyle changes as well so who knows.

Pills affect people differently also depending on the type of pill/hormones you may be on or considering going on. Sadly you might not know unless you try. I can't stand the pill just because it cause more problems than it was worth but friends of mine have no problems.

Good luck

sandramick
27-02-09, 10:10
hiya i agree with u i really beleive hormones play a big part in my anx . tryed talking to doc but it waste of time .
sandra
xx:mad:

meggyjo
27-02-09, 17:43
I agree about hormones, my anxiety manifested about 5 years ago when I turned 40 and started having problems every month, asked if it could be the start of the menopause, "most def not" was drs reply, however on reading up on the subject it "most def is possible!! Now I'm 45 hes offering me hrt, dont want to go down that route just in case the hormones add fuel to the fire
I'll stick to my accupuncture!

kisslekate
27-02-09, 20:09
I have pcos (poly cystic ovarian disease) thought to be caused by hormonal imbalance my shrink says there is definate link between it and my depression so could be a link

JessicaLynn
28-02-09, 06:03
I'm on the pill, but my doc gave me the smallest amount of hormones that would still be effective. Hormones have a great deal to do with Anx. and Panic Attacks. I know that when I was having PAs, they always followed my menstrual cycle.