PDA

View Full Version : Side Effects with setraline

abbybelle
27-02-09, 08:37
Hiya everyone!

Well i have been seeing my psychiatrist since last september for a panic disorder and acute anxiety and she has changed my anti depressants 3 times since then!

The first was citraloplan (sp) which helped with the depression but not the anxiety at night, then it was trazadone, which helped with the sleep/anxiety at night but made me really depressed and now i'm on setraline 50mg.

I have never had such bad side effects before I am now on week 4 and weeks 1-3 were awful, my anxiety grew and i was in a constant state of panic :mad: I lost a stone cos i couldn't eat a thing and i had to up my beta blockers and was given lorezapan 1mg which helped take the edge off.

Now i can feel things are getting better, my appetite is getting back to normal, my stomach has calmed down a bit (though still not normal) and the anxiety is less.

I have been going to anxiety management classes and have joined a gym but i still feel so rough, I just want to feel normal.

I'm also concerned I may be addicted to sleeping tablets, I have taken 7.5 zoplicone every single night since my dad died suddenly last may!! They obviously don't work very well anymore but i think they stop the awful panic attacks at night. I told my doctor and she keeps giving me more?

Now I'm concerned i may become addicted to the lorazapan.... i have taken one a day (sometimes 2) for a week and a half... but if i stop with the anxiety come back?

Also my sleep is awful, i fall asleep about nine then sleep through to 12, then i am awake with panic/anxiety every hour on and off until i get up at 5/6.

If anyone has any suggestions/advice I would be glad to hear them. Sorry for the long message! Every time i phone my doctor i get told to 'practise my relaxation techniques' which help whilst i am doing them but not if the anxiety is bad :weep:

Oh and also if i get told to increase my setraline dose will the side effects come back again? I can't cope with them again