PDA

View Full Version : falling...........

Peru83
22-07-05, 07:34
Does anyone every get the feeling like they are falling?

I have had it once or twice when I've been asleep and suddenly woken up because I thought that I was falling off the bed but when I awoke I was fine[Duh!][:o)],lol. Lately though I'm getting the occational moment when It happens and I'm awake!?! It kinda feels like when you first go over the big dip on a roller coaster and your stomach feels like it's in your throat, if you know what I mean?

I've always had a really bad fear of heights (I can't even stand on a chair to change a lightbulb[Oops!][V]) so when this happens I start to get really frightend for a moment. Trying not to think about it and I try to distract myself when it's happend, I just want to know if this is normal and will it go away?

Thanks for reading.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

jill
22-07-05, 08:55
Hi Claire

I have had this feeling many times in the past, like you most of the
time when I've been asleep and suddenly woken up, had it a few times when awake aswell. I can understand how frightend you are Claire but the more you fear a symptom the longer it last. Try to distract yourself and tell yourself its anxiaty and it WILL go away.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

tattybear
22-07-05, 09:33
Hi Claire

Yeahs its V common & Normal.

Following on from the sleeping thread (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4329)

Tatty B xx

seh1980
22-07-05, 10:36
I get it sometimes as well - nothing to worry about :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal