PDA

View Full Version : FREE Online CBT Course NHS Funded

belladonna
27-02-09, 21:25
I'm a newish member of the Forum so I hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes by posting this here (likewise if you all already know about it, my apologies !). www.livinglifetothefull.com (http://www.livinglifetothefull.com) is an online CBT course, written by an experienced psychiatrist who uses the CBT approach. It is part funded by the NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde so it can be presented free of charge online. When I was at my worst about 2 years ago this programme was invaluable for me - I still dip into it every now and again. Please give it a try - I really hope it helps someone
Lisa x

NEROLI
27-02-09, 22:04
Hi
This is excellent, I don't have health insurance so was just looking around the web this week for similiar information. I did come across this site myself, it's also free CBT and it's for depression. Here is the link to MoodGym (http://www.moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome):)

Mully
28-02-09, 04:28
I've just tried out that MoodGym and have to say its pretty good :yesyes:

Haven't looked at the other one yet, but will do. Thanks for posting these guys. :hugs:

freakedout
02-03-09, 21:28
Thanks for these links. I am anti-CBT, I think CBT is like spreading jam on a burnt piece of toast, the jam makes everything look and seem better but underneath the toast is still the same, knackered. Hmmmm. Anyway, I had a look at the living life to the full course and have registered and completed about 4 modules in the last 24hrs. It is a great link, and I am finding it err... quite interesting. More interesting than listening to my psychologist banging on about CBT!!!!! I plan to do more when I am motivated and I will look at the MoodGym also as I have bookmarked this.

Cheers.

Freaky, always negative but trying to be positive - honest!

belladonna
05-03-09, 21:47
Hi Freaky :yesyes:
I tried seeing a therapist for CBT and, besides the extortionate cost, found it all a bit 'meh' ... used 'Living Life ...' and it all just seemed to click. Oh, I bought CBT for Dummies too - another great tool and easy to follow (very important for a thickie like me !!). Thanks for the MoodGym link too - shall have a look just now. Hope everyone is feeling good & positive x

lonely
05-03-09, 22:02
yeah my pshychologist gave me that link too

Mully
05-03-09, 22:13
It certainly gives food the thought, in that the way we see and handle things can have a knock on effect on how we feel about ourselves and others. I've always believed that ' like attracts like' and I try to be positive and keep a sense of humour in all things. But... it is hard sometimes.. I think I'm just naturally a miserable sod :roflmao:

ailsajayne26
05-03-09, 23:42
Im so glad u posted that link on here!!

I completed a course of cbt in aug 2007 having suffered from anxiety on and off since i was 13, the period that lead to me being sent for cbt was sheer hell!! And having seen the difference it made to me several people have asked my advice, now I can give them the link!! The thing that made them really see the differnce it made was that my boyf split up with me during the course and instead of crushing me in the way horrible things usually did to me I did not suffer from any panic attacks.

In the last year and a half I have had mabe two or three periods where I have had situations or feelings that would have led to panic attacks but i have been able to control them and almost switch off the part of me that would be upset and anxious.

I know it doesnt help everyone but seeing as it is sometimes difficult to get the treatment (I was referred in northampton and refused treatment as my case was not deemed ''serious'' enough, despite the fact I was at the drs most days, couldnt eat and was mid nervous breakdown, but I moved home to Carlisle and was given treatment straight away) I think this is a brilliant resource!!

Yvonne
06-03-09, 08:08
Freaky.......

Innit funny how you and I think the same way!!!!!!!! Lol.

The NHS fund another online course, there is one for depression and one for anxiety. It's FearFighter. Just google that. You have to complete some details about your condition etc. Also with this, Mind will give you support all the way and will phone y ou regularly by way of support and to help you with anything on the course you may not understand.

freakedout
09-03-09, 19:08
Yvonne....

Well I have to say it makes me feel better knowing someone else thinks along the same lines as myself. I do sympathise tho too !!!

I actually challenged my psychologist this week and told him I think CBT is reductionist and superficial it maight work for some but it is not a panacea for all neurotic problems, if looks could kill I would be six feet under. How very dare I undermine his wonderful ideas. Whoops. Anyway he swiftly directed my conversation back to CBT. Groan....

I will have a look at FearFighter but to be honest I am so rigid in my thoughts and beliefs that I think the only solution is someone taking a pneumatic drill to my head. Still, thanks for the recommendation, I will have a look, ya just never know...... are you doing it by any chance??

Freaky

freakedout
09-03-09, 19:30
I had a look at FearFighter, I cannot log in. Ah well, maybe there is a reason for that!

Freaky

Piglet
09-03-09, 22:16
Thank you I will go and check out the link and also have a look at the fearfighter one too. :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

Anna C
10-03-09, 19:01
Hi,

To do the fear fighter CBT computer course you have to be referred by your
GP.
I was referred to the mental health team and my therapist gave me a password to do the the course and I also see her every couple of weeks as well.

Fear fighter is mostly about setting goals and doing exposure it doesn't really deal with negative thoughts or thought challenging. It is good but I think I also need the one to one with the therapist as I wouldn't be very good at setting my own goals.

Anna x