PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

Auntlello1
27-02-09, 21:38
I am new to this site, and although my husband to a small degree has anxiety issues, his mother has more to work through with anxiety and panic attacks. I actually didn't come here for them, rather I was looking into a problem I am having, but am not sure if it would be considered OCD. I will be using this site and it's vast information to help understand my husband and his side of the family, but while I was on here (and how I orginally ended up here anyway) was to look deeper into myself. I always joke about having OCD, I can't stand a picture on the wall without things of the same size to even it out, or an odd number of things in a group..etc. but not enough that it bothered me enough to do anything about it. I have noticed lately though, that the problem of picking at my cuticles as a child has not gone away! If I am doing anything that leaves my hands free, I pick at them. I have tried gloves on them, but then it just irritates me. If my hands are not free to pick at, like now, then I chew on the inside of my mouth. Some people have said this is a type of OCD, some have said it is a "nervous habit", either way, I can not stop it by myself. So, I am here to learn as much as I can about just about everything this site has to offer, since someone or myself has dealt with these issues. (I have also been diagnosed with depression since I was 15, but think the doctors confuse my poor thyroid function with depression)SO, I look forward to interacting with a lot of you! Thank you for your honest, open opinions.

moonlighta
27-02-09, 22:58
Hey you!
My thyroid been iffy for years ( still trying to control) and I have struggled and taken anti depressants for a long time - we have something in common please get in touch. This site is amazing for support and help. Love to you and yours!

Patty
28-02-09, 08:48
Hi Auntlello1, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Lynnann
28-02-09, 12:15
Hi Auntlello,

:welcome: to NMP you will find this site a great source of advice and support and make some good friends along you and your familys journey to recovery.

Lynnann:flowers:

sunshine-lady
28-02-09, 23:02
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

weeble40
01-03-09, 17:09
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx