PDA

View Full Version : Concern of Blood Clot.. :(

Maybe_Baby
28-02-09, 00:26
Hi, I apologies in advance if this thread is long, or if i sound like a total nutter.

But on Tuesday i went to my local family planning, as i have the Implant in my arm. I was going to get it removed as i have been having terrible headaches on it, and really bad mood swings. Anyway, the doctor there totally freaked me out, she could not get the implant out of my arm (blood everywhere) and she started panicing shouting 'someone help' and 'I can't stop the bleeding' and i just felt really let down. So now i have to wait a month before i can get this removed ... So im guna have to put up with the headaches etc..

Anyway, today i discovered the bend in my arm (elbow bit) has a little hard lumpy thing, abit swollen, and its burning up.. now im thinking 'omg blood clot' straight away :( .. Its the same arm as the implant, but a good 3cm down from the incision from where it was tried to be removed. Now i dont know if im been a complete idiot, or if i should get it checked out.

In general today ive had a really bad day with panic, numb arms, tingly fingers, stotting bad head, fast heart beat, and im just getting myself really stressed out.

Sorry for blabbing,
x

minihaha
28-02-09, 00:48
hiya, i think the doctor has put the initial doubt in your mind by not dealing with the removal of the implant adequately - i can understand why you are worried and stressed about it. What reasons did they give for leaving it another month before it was removed..? i'm pretty sure if you were in any jeopardy they would have persevered with the removal or if they couldnt continue at the dr's surgery they would have referred you to hosp if you were in any immediate danger. i am not belittling your anxieties, just trying to reassure you that they have prob taken the correct action.

The symptons you are describing are classic symptons of panic and anxiety and worry. But all that aside if you are really worried and cant settle then perhaps you could contact nhs direct - they will assess what's happened and decide if they need to see you - purely preventative to rule out anything sinister occuring.

It could be a bit of bruising from the dr's attempt to remove the implant, but if it would make you feel better to check it out then give nhs a ring....they will know if your symptons are expected or not with this procedure and they will advise you accordingly.

K x

Maybe_Baby
28-02-09, 09:12
Thanks.

- The reason i have to leave it another month is because my arm is so sore, and the doc said it would take a month to heal properly.

Anyway, this morning my arm is more swollen and burning, so i might go and get it checked out at a&e.. My anxiety is stil bad this morning :( when i woke up i had pins and needles all down my arm (which probably made me panic more)
Atm my anxiety is so bad, i worry about everything ..the slightest thing.

x

PUGLETMUM
28-02-09, 10:46
:) hiya if you are worried go to docs to get your mind put at ease. however it sounds similar to something that happened to me last year - i had to have a small procedure and be asleep for a short while, as i was very very anxious they really struggled to find a vein in my hand to put the thingie in that delivers the drugs - anyway she said to me after one attempt 'oh ive hit a valve there' - so later on that day when i went home i noticed a hard lump on my vein and i was slightly alarmed - so i went the docs a week later about something else and i mentioned it and they said yes it is a type of clot but not a scary one - just damage to the vein that will right itself - so maybe what you have is the same - mine was very sore and it stayed there for ages. sure you have no reason to worry, and also sounds like a horrible experience - youve been very brave, i would have fainted for sure:blush: