PDA

View Full Version : change in meds

kaz999
28-02-09, 15:11
Hi all
have recently had a change in meds from 60mg citolopram to 30mg metrazipine, promethezine 25 mg x 4 daily and a fortnightly depot injection
i just feel so tired all the time and have gone from not sleeping to wanting to sleep 16 hrs a day (impossible with kids)
it hasnt helped with the panic attacks but my mood has stabilised
anyone experienced thid combo if so any advive
|I also want 2 eat constantly ( i also suffer from anorexia !!!!)
thanks
Karen
xx

Smiley?
01-03-09, 00:09
Only been on Mirtazapine, not heard of the other drug, but it will make you sleepy for the first few weeks and it does cause carb cravings and weight gain for a lot of people.

I don't know how the wanting to eat all the time makes you feel with having anorexia??? I'd say just keep in touch with your doctor about how it is affecting you and how you feel so they can best advise you. You need someone that knows you to monitor things right now.

sunshine-lady
01-03-09, 20:00
I have not had that combination of medication, however, I used to have the depot injection (Depixol) years ago along with Chlorpromazine. The day I got the depot injection I was really washed out, but became more active towards when the next one was due
This did get better after a while and I was quite stable on it. However, I was told that it was an older type of medication and was changed from one med to another over a period of years, nothing worked as well as Depixol.
I now take Mirtazapine along with other medication and haven't really had an problems with it apart from an increased appetite when I first took it. That settled down after a short while.
Are you taking promethezine as a sedative or antihistamine? If it is for an antihistamine you could asked to be switched to Cetirizine, which I take but dosen't have the sedative effects.
If you are feeling so tired when your next depot is due, talk to your Doctor about it, you might just need it adjusting a little.
Take care xxx