PDA

View Full Version : constantly questioning myself bout how im feeling!!!!!

paula 86
28-02-09, 16:56
hey just wondrin if any1 else does this?????

i constantly question myself about how im feeling, now i dont mean i ask myself say every few hours, theres prob not 2 mins that goes by without me askin myself how i feel, even if i feel ok il keep lookin 4 sum symptoms that sumthing cud b wrong with me, and wonderin if the wee feelings i have cud lead 2 sumthin else like a mental illness. i cant seem 2 get on with my day normally cus wen i feel ok i staret this process again which starts my anxiety n depression of. also i do this thing wer 2 make myself feel abit better i keep thinkin of sumit 2 look 4ward 2, like my summer hols, but then wen i get abit happy about it my happiness is quickly replaced with a negitive thought ,like o theres n o point in lukin 4ward 2 that sumit awfuls bound 2 hapen b4 then n itl mess evrythin up.

does any1 do this constant questionin thing?????

cal46
28-02-09, 17:22
yes i do paula make me tired thinking am i ill why have i got this pain and that pain its bloody rotten i also have some ocd and i have to have a fight with myself to stop doing silly things like moving somthing or i feel worse hope you feel better soon :hugs:

PUGLETMUM
28-02-09, 17:30
:) yes its part of anxiety disorders for you to feel like this - how long have you been a sufferer/ how long has this episode been going on for if its not your first time? rumination actually keeps the whole thing going, and once you can stop doing it, yo start to feel a whole lot better. i also suffer ocd, and it happens becasue your brain has got stuck - you have to manually shift it yourself, which takes quite some time and effort to do, but which eventually works and you can start to feel 'human' again. you have to distract yourself with things that take up your attention - you have to find what these are yourself, coz everyone is different - all computer games seem to help - i liked brain training and super mario on the ds:blush: but walking, and other forms of exercise can work and reading a really good book that engrosses you can work, or knitting or puzzle books have also helped me.

also you could look at ocduk for advice and help on how to understand and recover form your condition, it can be done - im proof and so are loads of other ppl on here - you wont feel like this forever:yesyes:emma

Mully
28-02-09, 19:25
Hi Paula

I used to do this all the time too, in a split second I would do a body check before going anywhere or doing anything. I would become aware of my heart beat, temperature, any pains or aches, am I looking pale! etc And if something didn't feel right I would not step outside the front door!..

When you have an anxiety disorder, everything becomes more acute. your senses are heightened and notice in detail everday normal things.

I never tried to stop myself from doing this, I never consciously did it anyway It just seemed to happen.. like a safety thing. At a later stage I used it as way of pushing myself, if I didnt feel 100% and thus would normally not go out or have freind round or whatever, I would instead think.. ok, I'm feeling a bit off but sod it, I'm going to go take the rubbish out!.. etc. Over time it stopped, and I find i don't do it anymore.

Like Emma said, it wont last forever. Sometimes you have to just go with the flow but understanding that it's a normal process will help.

Huggles xx

Kells81
28-02-09, 21:42
I totally do this all the time! It is like my body is not happy unless there is something wrong with it.
I might be feeling fine and then I will start questioning 'why am I feeling ok, that doesn't happen very often' and then I find something wrong which then starts me feeling anxious again-drives me mad-why can't I just be happy feeling ok!
I think distraction is the answer-if I am really busy at work then I wont even think about it and then when it suddenly occurs to me that I haven't felt ill for a while it really suprises me!
Playing computer games it is a great way of helping, I also like those shape games you can buy eg-make the shapes into a cube etc-you are so busy trying to work out how to do it you forget to look for symptons!
xx