PDA

View Full Version : Metallic Taste in mouth

katieb
22-07-05, 14:56
Hi new to this forum, but not to anxiety! Would like to know if anyone has suffered with this, and what they have taken to take the taste away. Am trying ginger I bought today from health food shop. Doctor is at a loss but mentioned indigestion or a problem with teeth, but did not go into any more details. Is this a common problem with indigestion? I dont have any pains anywhere else. Look forward to making new friends[^]

mumof4
22-07-05, 15:09
i have that too and its caused by my teeth as i have a hole in it and its rotting away.

do u have any bad teeth?

carlin
22-07-05, 15:20
Hi there,
i do agree, i think it's the teeth, have you an abcess, ulcers or anything like that, take care and keep in touch.

seh1980
22-07-05, 17:12
Having a metallic taste in the mouth IS a symptom of anxiety (one of the very many) I don't get it myself but know that it's 'normal' :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

trac67
22-07-05, 17:52
Hi
I used to get this alot and the dentist checked my teeth and there is nothing wrong with them i chew a lot of mint chewing gum now and this stops the horrible taste.
Take Care
Trace:D

its "just a thought"

jill
22-07-05, 18:26
Hi

Welcome to the site

I used to get this symptom and thought it might be my teeth, had them checked and they were fine so I put in down to axniaty.
I don't get this symptom anymore it went over time.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something
learn as much about it as you can
knowledge conquers fear.

katieb
22-07-05, 18:41
Thanks everyone for reassurance, I will go to my dentist after I've been away on holidays next week just to check everything is ok. In the meantime will try to keep my anxiety level down![S[:P]igh...]

nomorepanic
22-07-05, 19:15
KatieB

Are you on any new medication at the moment?

Some meds leave that metal taste in your mouth.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

mjh74
22-07-05, 20:55
I've also had those metallic tastes for more than one reason. These have been due to either medication, a lot of stomach acid or a gum infection.

Mark

sadie
24-07-05, 10:55
I have had lots of funny tatses in my mouth since last Dec.... they range form sour biter tastes to metallic or even like a perfume type tastes in my mouth. I used to worry myeslf sick about these tastes but have since got used to them..

There are so many reasons for metallic tastes...

Post- nasal drip
Dry mouth
Medication side effects
Food intolerances
Anxiety

I think mine or due to a bit of them all except the medication one... I know when I eat wheat and onions - I get a horrible taste in my mouth for days... when i get anxious the taste is more metallic/bitter.....

I hope this helps.

sadie

lainey
25-07-05, 10:46
I get this too Katie, sa Sarah says it's just another symptom of anxiety

Take care

Elaine x

sal
26-07-05, 01:08
Hi and welcome to this site and i have had that taste too.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

kittykat
11-11-06, 19:31
Hi there ,
i suffer from reflux , had it for about 2yrs now, sometimes i get a horrible metallic taste in my mouth thts caused by it........but i also know tht anxiety causes it as well . Take care xx