PDA

View Full Version : how much of life does it take over

bluewoman
28-02-09, 23:38
i was wondering how much of your life does anxiety consume.
are you able to live pretty normally with some attacks?
does it consume you every day?
do you have some ok days and some bad days?

for me i will feel like things are getting better and feel pretty good for a few days and then a huge crash and feel like i fell down the horrible pit again. out of nowhere feeling foggy, lightheaded and anxious! also feeling like i have no motivation or energy to accomplish anything.

krog
03-03-09, 12:17
Ditto.
Periods of feeling fine and then BANG, it just shoots right in and spoils everything. Fortunately for me, for only a few days at a time.
I am gonna' beat this sucka' though :yesyes:

Mully
03-03-09, 14:01
also feeling like i have no motivation or energy to accomplish anything.

Yup.. I get that often, usually more to do with depression than anything else .. I just get so dam tired..
I'm much better now than I was 12 months ago re the anxiety and PA's. I try to keep hold of the positive side of things these days..even when I get the jitters and shakes, I've accepted that sometimes my brain is gonna go and get it's knickers in a twist! So I'm pretty much the same as Krog now, I get a few bad days then I'm fine again. .. However, this is on a day to day.. there are times when motivation and a general kick up the jacksy is required and I tend to suffer more then, like when I'm working on my last couple of fears, but even at those times.. I try not to dwell too much on the neg side and only allow myself to feel sorry for myself for a short time .. then I'm on the up again. :) ..

june
03-03-09, 14:14
Had couple of realy bad panics while out shopping and raced back home.:weep:
Over the last 12 monthst i seem to be getting worse instead of better just do not want to go anywhere :blush: or do anything. Just really quite fed up.
june

alisia
04-03-09, 12:57
My anxiety has been so bad the past year that i only leave the house on the weekends with my partner to go shopping.The rest of the week im cooped up in the house,too scared to even open the front door to put the rubbish out:weep:

sandy35
06-03-09, 07:06
I generally can cope with everyday living with help from my therapist but i get my bad days when all i want to do is not leave the house. I mean I haven't been feeling well for the past few days and have tried to carry on as normal but i am noticing the feelings of panic and dread coming back and i almost had a panic attack in my town centre on monday but lucky my partner was with me. I am doing voluntary work every friday but i had to ring in sick for this friday and im going to have the weekend in the house. The next activity i have planned is on Monday night so hopefully I can make that.

daniela
09-03-09, 15:56
Same here Alisia, all day I'm cooped inside and only on weekend do I go out with hubby. When I go out on weekends I feel out of wack for being home all day.

Daniela

nikkinik
09-03-09, 20:53
Anxiety has now taken over for me.. it was really bad towards the end of last year and somehow I managed to get better - Ive no idea how or what changed for me/what I did to make things better..
But since then I find my stomach pains worry me, also the really bad joint pains and stiffness etc, things like that are contributing to my HA and making it difficult to get around because I feel utterly drained (I litterally drag myself around somedays).. so Im not getting out that much at all, and when I do I panic.. and now it takes days to recover (I think thats why Ive been feeling so awful these last few days - after having 2 panic attacks last week).

I just wonder whats next as I had no idea I could physically feel this bad with the general anxiety :(

tskin
23-03-09, 17:34
At the minute its very bad, worse in a long time. Been gradually getting worse since the end of December but really got bad in the past week. Normally it may affect me a little but not like this, to make matters worse gotta wait until tomorrow to get my Holter Monitor and that's giving me some worry.

mau
24-03-09, 04:11
I'm an expert at avoidance.

I switch the phone off.

I don't answer the door.

I have become an accomplished liar when it comes to family or social events.

I even have numerous email accounts so I can choose who to keep in contact with.

My life has been taken over by my anxieties.

NoPoet
24-03-09, 12:04
I put "pretty much consumes whole life" as I freak out very easily, but I'm not generally as bad as I used to be.

Kaybee
24-03-09, 12:12
There are certain areas of my life that I can't call mine anymore but there are still a few things I have complete control over. My days are made up of 60% bad to 40% good.

I have to leave my house prepared for anything because I don't know from the onset if it is going to be a good or bad day..