PDA

View Full Version : I keep thinking I've got a Brain Tumour

angel 2
01-03-09, 07:23
I keep going to the GP's with all these strange feelings in my head.I have pins and needles, dizzy, blurry vision, off balance and cold sensations like water trickling in my head. Anxiety and panic never leaves me. I'm afraid of falling to sleep sometimes and if, when I have been asleep I wake up and shake because I've been asleep (Crazy!!) The GP is fed up with me because I won't take medication (it makes me worse) But at last he's sending me to a Neurologist. I've had blood tests(ok) Opthalmic consultant (ok) It's awful really you become pre-occupied in getting well. Nobody likes feeling this way. There isn't alot of sympathetic people out there. Lets hope they don't have to ever suffer anything like this.
ps CBT therapist (over 6 months waiting list)

i hate panicking
01-03-09, 08:03
Hiya angel,

I suffer from health anx as well as panic attacks,I had the exact same thing as you like a ice cube or something was melting inside my head also i had constant headaches so kept going back to the docs which then he gave me some meds for, which i took for one day as they made me feel funny!

I also went to the opticians and dentist to check there was not anything going on there(which there wasn't).
Anyway I was convinced there was something wrong with me so went back to the docs and he then decided that he would refer me to the neurologist anyway had the appointment in jan and there was nothing wrong with me:shrug:.

I think the dizzy feelings etc...is more likely to be linked to the anxiety:)

Hope this helps,take care x

fairyloveheart
01-03-09, 17:14
Pm me if you need to, I've had over a year of obsessing that I had a brain tumour and I've finally come out the other side (although now I have another worry!)