PDA

View Full Version : Excess acid affecting ladies. Advice please!

betty72
01-03-09, 12:03
Hi. I posted on the forum for the first time this morning "does anyone else have digestive problems.." but I have a few more things to add. Please read so I don't have to repeat the symptoms. There are 3 symptoms which I'm experiencing today and its the burning in the lower stomach, acidic taste in the mouth and the one that I want to raise is stinging in my vagina which has happened on and off since all the other symptoms started a week ago. None of these are painful just mildly uncomfortable. Also a little flatulence again. Do you think its from excess acid in my stomach? Does anyone else have same symptoms with reflux? There's no pain when I go to the toilet just a mild contant stinging. I did mention it to the doctor but she said acid might affect other parts but she didn't come across that helpful. Any other ladies have this symptom with acid reflux? I have googled in the past but not going to do it anymore but when I have looked up reflux it doesn't mention affecting the vagina. Any advice would be great thank you. I'm trying to keep calm after some advice this morning but I'd like some more input about the stinging down below. I'm still holding off taking Lansoprazole which my doc prescribed but wondering whether I should take it for a few days to ease the acidity. Thanks again x

melodinpanic
05-03-09, 18:24
Hi! I just wanted to tell that I get the stinging feeling as well. It's not painful, and it seems like it comes from my bladder. Yours too?

xfilme
05-03-09, 21:28
I would hold off personally. I study nutrition, and often using antacids cause more probs that they are worth with things like poor nutrient absorbtion and excessive acid when you come off. Its a personal choice of course. try drinking cranberry juice for the stinging and eating a varied diet of green leafy vegetables, small quantities of meat and a decent amount of fibre to see if it can be solved by simply changing your diet. Live active culture yoghurt (sugar free) will help immensely with not only your digestion, but will also prevent agains thrush, which can cause both itching and burning.