PDA

View Full Version : music/panic?

carpy272000
22-07-05, 22:06
hi
i just wanted 2 no if others seem 2 get this.ihave been feel not 2 bad for days now apart from these headaches and was playing a online game and in a good mode so i thought i would put some music on.after 5 mins i started to get the feelings of panic(head rush sweats dizzyness ext)and was wondering if this can be a result of music..was at med level..thinking about it its not the first time it has happened and was wondering if others have had the same thing?

thankyou all for your last answers as it was great

russell

carpy272000
22-07-05, 22:10
oh sorry just one more thing i wanted to mention is i also find and i no it will prob sound weird but my sence of taste seems to get stronger aswell..i drink dilute orange in the day so 2 keep hydrated and i find that it tastes alot stronger after and i smoke and i find again its like smoking a whole pack in one go just wondered if anyone noes

thankyou all
russell

seh1980
22-07-05, 22:39
I find that music I like really helps calm me. If it's really loud music I don't like, it makes me feel uncomfortable..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Sue K with 5
22-07-05, 22:48
I think it really does depend on what you listen to !

I find if I listen to rock or heavy rap music it does not destress me, i t actually put me on a high which can extend my anxiety levels

try some very quiet relaxing music or even some classical music I find that quite relaxing

Hope you feel better soon

scknight

jill
22-07-05, 23:06
Hi Russel,

After my first PA because my anxiaty levels were high I had to be carful what type of music I listend to, not because the music caused my panic, but it was my thoughts that went with the music I listend to. I always listend to music that made me feel happy or relaxed me.
As for the hightend sense of tast, this is caused by the flight or fight mode, are body is getting ready to fight or run away so are senses are highted. In the past it was not my tast that was stronger but my sense of smell and sometimes my hearing. It is strange Russel but it is all part of Mrs Anxiaty.
It WILL go in time.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

shybabyboo
23-07-05, 00:26
listening to music has always helped calm me when i would be panicing or a little nervous.

Jenn

henri
23-07-05, 10:06
hi russell,
listening to music has always been really important to me, but when my panic was at its worst, i couldn't listen to any. but then again, i couldn't even cope with people talking loudly around me.
i think that when you are feeling panicky, or anxious, your body is in a state of high alert, so all your senses are particularly sensitive.
henri x

Sarah-Jane
23-07-05, 10:50
i went on a weekend away a few months ago to the vauxhall caravan park and although wanted to have fun i found that the loud music made me feel more anxious and panicky. But i play music in my car all the time it relaxes me, perhaps its down to the music and volume that we can control eh. Perhaps im turning into an old fart and cant cope with loud party music anymore lol

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx